Archived Clerical Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
A clerical position opened up recently, and I'm a front runner to take that person's place since I've been the backup for a while and already know the job. I already know that the clerical is a merit based pay position, but is there an increase in pay if I do get the position? I'm already at the max pay for my current position in inbound, but I want to know if I'd be able to negotiate a higher pay starting out.

Our most recent ib clerical received a small pay bump upon promotion, after that it's all based on your review.

I definitely plan on getting whatever I can, I'm just trying to figure out what a reasonable number would be. I know I would be able to make more money in the long run, but for now it takes away my ability to grab OT during most, if not all, of the year.

I was told that clerical is would drop you below max warehouse pay but after a couple years it would about even out.

We had someone move from ib to a new clerical position years ago and she took a pay cut.

Moving to clerical has always been a pay cut in my building too. Being merit makes it sound like you could be better off in the long run but I think you’d have to be absolutely amazing to ever pass ww pay.

Edit: I think IM clericals and e&f clericals are paid better than WWs, but they’re in a higher pay grade than inbound clericals.

Last edited:
You will take a pay cut, period. No overtime and merit based pay isn't what you think it is until you're in the management tier. Clericals are treated the same as a warehouse worker.

It depends on the merit position. I think there's merit 1 and 2 maybe even merit 3. ICQA/TSS are on the higher scale, while clerical spots are on the lower one, which is because the former are still required to use equipment. ICQA and TSS still get overtime at least in my building but its just not mandated. For instance I can pick up one day a week if I wanted. Usually clerical positions take a pay cut to go but almost all merit positions have a higher max then ww positions. None of the ICQA guys or TSS guys took a paycut that got their positions in the last couple years, they went out with whatever max WW pay was at the time they moved to their positions, and our newest IB clerical only took a 50 cent cut. So also depends on how much they want you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back