Archived Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitting room/softlines - expected to answer phones, help guests, back up cashier, sort carts of reshop, put away reshop, and zone + picking up all the sh!t that falls on the floor or is left on the floor + correcting errors committed by team members + listen to incessant chatter on Channel 1 on the walkies.

And to top it off.... SHOES.

:gavel:

ETA: You are lucky if you have any help. Have fun zoning/running softlines by yourself!

Last edited:
I think it's a bit silly that the backroom closer is expected to come clean with 20 vehicles on the back of the line, 10 racks of backstock in the coolers, 2 hours of price change, at least 3 flexible fulfillment orders per hour, constant requests to bring flexible fulfillment items to the front for guest pick up, and endless guest pulls.

Don't forget to update an aisle or two to get the brla up.

In a store where Softlines actually does ther job, I think they'd get the vote for craziest work load. In my store I think it's Hardlines though, seeing as they are constantly doing Soflines work on top of their own, and most of our SL team refuses to touch registers.

During my last year with Starbucks my TL had a Monday during which he was supposed to start the next promotional reset, do inventory & finish reviews.
Leadership said he could bring in his mid (me) ONE hour earlier.
In the midst of this morning-rush monkey fight, Steritech shows up (we got yellow).
Just when things were quieting down during the afternoon, Health Dept shows up.
Mercifully, this was just one day.
Ain't enough caffeine for this crisis.

Plano

You can do this 10 hour pog in 8 right!? Oh and you will have to pull and backstock your stuff even though that's not even worked into the hours.

Right now at my store, it's p-fresh for sure. A lot of grocery stores have closed up recently, and we have been picking up the load. Everyone is shopping for groceries. I think we are up 20% in p-fresh sales. Their orders are bigger now but they don't have the team to push it all. It's gotten so bad that we've had our morning huddles there to help push.

We are also down 3 backroom TM's. So they have been struggling too

Definitely backroom

Hey I know you gotta pull cafs, research, audits, price changdz, pull flexes and process ship to stores in addition to guest calls, location updates and street date audits but flows and cafs backstock needs to be done in addition to setting the line, making a bale and taking it out plus locking and closing up the back

Lol fucking hell

You could argue for any workcenter if the conditions are just right.

SFS is usually pretty easy to complete but I'm screwed if the previous day's opener barely did anything and the closer called off. Then I suddenly have 200 orders to get through by 4:30.

Everyone has unrealistic workloads.

Pricing is hard to plan for with the forecasting tool made available to us right now. If the workload shows 5000 tickets they get 50 hours. Completely doable. Then the next week it shows 6500. If you ask if we are getting 15 more hours you just get laughed at.

Flow teams trucks are the same way. Hey let's schedule the same amount of people the same amount of hours for a 1500 piece truck and a 2200 piece truck

Oh, you have a 10 hour POG? Well you better eat your Wheaties.. you're scheduled 8. And I expect you at the 30 minute 4x4 promptly at 10am. After your two breaks that's 7. But don't worry you can handle it.

Oh operator, you can zone men's and women's performance and shoes.. all on your 5 hour shift simultaneously Manning the phone and the fitting room. The phones going off? Better sprint before the 5th ring or the guest will be mad. Don't mind that woman wanting to try on every color of the same turtleneck, her neck may look fat in peach and not Burgundy. But you have to go back everytime to count her in.

Signing of course!! 65 hours of signing this week and scheduled 28. Better yet. Literally the only person who does my job and OMG if I go on vacation :eek:
But yeah they all have their down hill mudslides. But I think signing and in some stores AP are the only solo artists :D

Signing of course!! 65 hours of signing this week and scheduled 28. Better yet. Literally the only person who does my job and OMG if I go on vacation :eek:
But yeah they all have their down hill mudslides. But I think signing and in some stores AP are the only solo artists :D
receiving is at our store

@Signduck : where did u get 65 hours from?
Oh I saw it somewhere in one of the monthly updates that breaks stuff down by week. I hit one of them. Thought I was going to shoot myself. DEFINATELY DID MOT HAVE HELP.

Right now at my store, it's p-fresh for sure. A lot of grocery stores have closed up recently, and we have been picking up the load. Everyone is shopping for groceries. I think we are up 20% in p-fresh sales. Their orders are bigger now but they don't have the team to push it all. It's gotten so bad that we've had our morning huddles there to help push.

We are also down 3 backroom TM's. So they have been struggling too
Remember the Market Basket strike? We were comping 300 percent or more in most categories in market....non-stop cooler to floor to cooler to floor. Lol.

Everyone forgets about receiving...

I think that's why we are stuck in the back of the store, in a corner, furthest from the restroom to see how long we can fend for ourselves before we come out screaming!
My troll likes his cave...he can sit on his ass and do nothing.
Oh I saw it somewhere in one of the monthly updates that breaks stuff down by week. I hit one of them. Thought I was going to shoot myself. DEFINATELY DID MOT HAVE HELP.
Don't think I saw that count for this week...Maybe next for lawn& patio...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back