Archived Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds about right for my DARY I usually have 3 crazy full metros including a full roof of juice yogurt cheese creamer butter all mixed together on a Monday it takes about 3 hours to push all. I pull off juice then push it come back get loose yogurts push it come back get case stock yogurts usually 2 trips push it come back push creamers then rest this takes from8:30 am 11:30 am then time for lunch.

Last edited:
That sounds about right for my DARY I usually have 3 crazy full metros including a full roof of juice yogurt cheese creamer butter all mixed together on a Monday it takes about 3 hours to push all. I pull off juice then push it come back get loose yogurts push it come back get case stock yogurts usually 2 trips push it come back push creamers then rest this takes from8:30 am 11:30 am then time for lunch.
Especially after a busy weekend.

Our 1 and 5 were what they would have normally been. The 3s for mostly Hardlines, were essentially the whole days worth in one hour.

My STL is over the moon,

My STL.. is over the moon and headed into another galaxy.. oh.. wait.. yours is happy...

Lets just say that the phone call that was being had between the STL and further up the chain.. was less than private! :)

LOVE IT! Go STL sic'em!!! :)

For all you rose, rainbows and unicorns.. everyone from the STL to the TM(s) here HATES IT! And thankfully our STL has voiced his displeasure before, and is nowt right royally PISSED! And lets put it this way.. BAD MOVE!

I would have loved to be there for that phone call, oh wait, the ENTIRE STORE WAS! :) :)

My store loves it just because we have to push cafs. We were told over and over that wouldn't happen but we are. I was also promised yesterday that dayside wouldn't be cut so hopefully I'll still have a job two weeks out.

Since the backroom is pushing the cafs we had almost zero backstock. Here are the fives.

Hm. The people pushing are the ones who do the backstock. I can't see this going horribly wrong.

My STL.. is over the moon and headed into another galaxy.. oh.. wait.. yours is happy...

Lets just say that the phone call that was being had between the STL and further up the chain.. was less than private! :)

For all you rose, rainbows and unicorns.. everyone from the STL to the TM(s) here HATES IT! And thankfully our STL has voiced his displeasure before, and is nowt right royally PISSED! And lets put it this way.. BAD MOVE!

I would have loved to be there for that phone call, oh wait, the ENTIRE STORE WAS! :) :)

Sorry it seems to not be working out for you since it seems to be working somewhat well for the rest of us.

Sounds like your STL is fairly unprofessional if their phone calls to corporate are not private.

There should be a small reduction in workload when it comes to product moving from the backroom to the salesfloor. Because the shelves are purposely left lighter, the truck should fill your floor a bit more directly. Anytime something went to truck backstock is a sigh of inefficiency, since we will have to touch the item again to pull and stock at a later date. The less we touch it on that side of things the better.

Its also a reduction in trips. While the amount of product going from your backroom to your salesfloor is reducing, you are also making far less trips to the same items. Instead of visiting pet food every hour from 11-6, you are only visiting it a few times per day to fill critical outs and do the one pull that generated.
This makes sense in the long term and I'm looking forward to seeing the results. But right now stores still have a ton of product in the back that will need to go out one way or another.

Sorry it seems to not be working out for you since it seems to be working somewhat well for the rest of us.

It didn't work in a pilot it no workey now! :mad:

Sounds like your STL is fairly unprofessional if their phone calls to corporate are not private.

The STL was cornered by the BRTL, ETL-LOG and SRHLTL and they pretty much let loose full bore on the STL.

The STL is not unprofessional.. they have had enough from the pilot and then after the mass lynching.. They tried.. but when you are pissed it doesn't matter how many doors there are and the walls are thin between the SF and ETL/TL area anyway...

Those on the phone got what they deserved a good ear lashing, just like the STL got.. and they didn't have to ask me, I already was smiling like the cheshire cat.. they already know my opinion. Me no likey!

For the first time in weeks we did not come clean on our truck because of the new process. We no longer have an opener, so we were responsible for flexibles and researches/exfs. We had over 20 researches at one point, and some of them were massive. So we had one person dedicated to pulling those for a bit, and then the rest of us jumped in to help. So our backroom is currently a disaster

I was surprised at how small the CAF pulls were. When we piloted this last year, they were much larger.

I stopped by my store today after class, and everyone I talked to loves to the changes. The CAFS are fairly small, which is giving out team time to focus on other areas. There seemed to be far less outs throughout the store, though there did seem to be less than capacity for most items on the shelves, but I think that's to be expected with the changes. Since I can't fully judge it until my next shift, I'll hold off on my judgement. I'm glad that it's working well for most people!

Seems to be working well for the rest of us. What about the new process isn't working at your store? Too little product on shelves?

I'll wait for today to make my final decision. Yesterday's 3's were atrocious. Basically the whole day at one time.

Oh boy today was a doosey. Pallets of bullshit everywhere and tubs of backstock as far as the eye can see. 1:00 pulls were manageable granted, but the 3:00 ones were 3hrs. With only TWO BRTMs. Lmfao. Honestly after about a half hour I think we just gave up. We asked for help at the top of the hour but apparently no one else in the store knew the pull process according to my LOD. That's until I started picking people off that I knew were capable of pulling, although it was too late by then. It was a disaster just as I thought it would be. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a trend for the week as two backroom TMs already quit on the spot. No one else seems to be willing to pick up shifts since everyone seems more focused on finding another job with their spare time as apposed to helping target out.

The auto fill this morning was 11 hours, which is huge for a Monday. 1s were only 25 min and the 3s were 1:20. We dropped manuals for fill groups that were tiny in the cafs and for p fresh twice. The manuals were tiny, but we were told only drop them for ad items. We stopped dropping manuals after 4pm.

Hours WILL go down because of this. Backroom will suffer the most but sales floor will probobly take a small cut as well since you don't need a person on pulls til 7-8.

Last edited:
So I think this might be the money question: Is the floor going to be filled?

I can't say 100% since I only stopped by my store for a bit of shopping, but the shelves seemed fairly full (Not quite to full capacitiy, but definitely weren't barren) and there were a lot less outs than usual.

Seems to be working well for the rest of us. What about the new process isn't working at your store? Too little product on shelves?

Too little product on the shelf would be an IMPROVEMENT! :mad:

Autofills for AM were a pittance compared to normal, and the first CAF I saw in a couple of areas before I left was HUGE! And there is NO ONE to work it...

Then all the crap we had to drag to the floor, only to have 1-2's to put out, and then back stock it.. SHOULD HAVE BEEN BS when it was scanned off the *(^*&%^&% TRUCK! :mad:

BRTL was ready to start actually just chucking it all in the compactor! This is what lead to the STL being cornered.. First rule at my store DO NOT PISS OFF THE BRTL! They have all the grease here..

Who is there to push this stuff??? SFTM?? HAHAAHAAHHHAAAAAAA! Good luck! Zone!, ZONE! ZONE!

And you can forget it BRTM are NOT going to push shit! BRTL has set that in stone from the pilot.. SO you can forget that.. and they don't care if the CEO personally told them to have their TM(s) do it. It AINT HAPPENING! Period!

So by the end of week.. I look for there to be a very big blow up over this.. as the BRTL is not happy and that is all that it takes here... Far as flow.. other than very light, to little autofills for my team, and 3x the freight to go to the floor just to turn around and BS! (Talk about wasted time and PAYROLL!) My team did their job, cleaned up, and was RUN OUT THE DOOR!

Our 1p was 47 min, the 3 p was slightly larger at 1.50. With 3 BR TMs, we finished both under an hour.

Too little product on the shelf would be an IMPROVEMENT! :mad:

Autofills for AM were a pittance compared to normal, and the first CAF I saw in a couple of areas before I left was HUGE! And there is NO ONE to work it...

Then all the crap we had to drag to the floor, only to have 1-2's to put out, and then back stock it.. SHOULD HAVE BEEN BS when it was scanned off the *(^*&%^&% TRUCK! :mad:

BRTL was ready to start actually just chucking it all in the compactor! This is what lead to the STL being cornered.. First rule at my store DO NOT PISS OFF THE BRTL! They have all the grease here..

Who is there to push this stuff??? SFTM?? HAHAAHAAHHHAAAAAAA! Good luck! Zone!, ZONE! ZONE!

And you can forget it BRTM are NOT going to push shit! BRTL has set that in stone from the pilot.. SO you can forget that.. and they don't care if the CEO personally told them to have their TM(s) do it. It AINT HAPPENING! Period!

So by the end of week.. I look for there to be a very big blow up over this.. as the BRTL is not happy and that is all that it takes here... Far as flow.. other than very light, to little autofills for my team, and 3x the freight to go to the floor just to turn around and BS! (Talk about wasted time and PAYROLL!) My team did their job, cleaned up, and was RUN OUT THE DOOR!

Seriously, your STL sounds weak as hell if your BRTL is pushing him around.

Working amazing here so far! Pulls have been very manageable and we have a LOT less back stock coming back then we had with the old system.

My only concern is how small the 1s have been, but still looking good with POG fills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back