Archived Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some cases this true, BUT, BUT! There is still stuff coming to the floor to be pushed that is 1-2 to stock, which SHOULD HAVE BEEN BS when it came off the truck!! FAIL!
That is no fail. It's annoying but any item that comes off the truck and needs at least 1 on the floor gets sent out. That's the way it's designed.

Between pulling all planos batches and all the research batches dayside at my store still doesn't backstock

As a daysider I spend all morning pulling batches for people and I only get to start backstocking after I've pulled and pushed the 3's. I noticed a ton of empty/low shelves as I pushed today.

Dayside needs to fill the aisles that require specialty work, such as PTM in key areas, endcap and sidecap fills, reshop, and clearance. They need to fill the floor enough to prevent guest requests and to maintain a presentation minimum throughout the store. They need to deep fill where appropriate (such as paper early in the day to allow a decent sale through by the end of the night). They need to zone the store and backup the lanes. The logistics team then should have more push off the truck and less truck backstock, their autofills should increase but also be more eaches (unless your team is doing too many manuals during the day), and the dayside backroom hours should decrease overall but the logistics team should get some of those hours.

This is utterly laughable. One person in HL all day. take out over 2 hours for their meals, covering electronics meals, and a smart huddle.

You must work in a fantasy land.

This is utterly laughable. One person in HL all day. take out over 2 hours for their meals, covering electronics meals, and a smart huddle.

You must work in a fantasy land.

A normal during the week HL schedule is something like an 8-3, 10-2, 1-6, 3-11, 4-8, and 5-10 or some combination of those hours. Add a few 4 hour shifts on weekends. Plus Electronics. We don't smart huddle outside of filling mini sometimes.

Well, since the change, I don't think there has been any negative feedback on it. The CAF sizes didn't get bigger. They can pull, push, and backstock all within the two hours. No one is dropping manuals. Backroom is coming clean.

Hell, just today I had the gall to ask our BR to pull a few Pog batches for me since I was running solo. No inconvenience for anyone. :D

And, NOPE, there is nobody going to come along and scan that out and go fill it during the day, if it occurs after IS goes home which around here will be about 1100 or so...Nope SF??? What SF ???? ETL/TL??? They are all busy doing your clearance, reshop, PTM etc..

Yeah, in theory this JITL looks great in a book, on paper, and in the that virtual reality of fantasy TGT.. now lets move to the real world where... JITL BLOWS UP, every time.

1) Truck breaks down...
2) Truckers run out of hours
3) Supplier has issues ie: breakdown at plant, delivery to TGT FDC/DC's
4) And even better the product simply is just not on the truck!

All this is an ever escalating breakdown, in that as soon as anything breaks in this process, the wheels fall off the bus, and it just cascades on and on and on.. and you end up here.

What is it Raisin Nut something had some supplier issues, so there is none or less to spread around.. see there you go as soon as this make just enough fails, and try to air express it via some truck... FAIL...

All that stuff that the truck was going to deliver and Flow push JIT, is now MIA, and now EMPTY SHELFS! :mad:

Do list on, please... because everything you list just supports the point that LOGISTICS needs to be overnight, company wide. Thanks!

You post far too long of responses to accurately respond to, but i will do my best on this part.

I do not know why you do not have a single person available to fill your shelves when needed. There are 1PM and 3PM pulls during the week, so that should last an ULV just fine from 11 (once instocks scans) and until the afternoon when those pulls drop. If your store is busy in the evening, you should go through and scan your heaviest areas (commodities most likely) to make sure you are not light on anything. This is not that big of a workload, and is a major reduction from the hourly 11-6 pulls your dayside time used to have forced on them.

That breakdown example applies to all forms of replenishment. The point is not to absolutely ignore your outs during the day, its to play it smart and fill what is necessary. If a cereal does run out, you should fill it. If there are a few left on the shelf and its 8PM, don't fill it. Pretty easy.

Logistics does not need to be overnight. We are doing 4AM in an A Volume and taking 6 RDCs a week and are fine at 4AM, clean in the BR by 9-10AM everyday. There is no need in most cases, specifically in anything lower volume.

Well, since the change, I don't think there has been any negative feedback on it. The CAF sizes didn't get bigger. They can pull, push, and backstock all within the two hours. No one is dropping manuals. Backroom is coming clean.

Hell, just today I had the gall to ask our BR to pull a few Pog batches for me since I was running solo. No inconvenience for anyone. :D

Our 3s have been very large. Seemes like the 1-6s all wrapped into the 3s.

No increase here. I've asked just about all the BR on how it is going. One guy called it easy mode.

However, I'm Plano and only pull/backstock my own stuff. Help BR on occasion. Haven't had first hand experience yet, since I am out of the building before they drop.

Our threes have been around 1.5-3 hours typically. But we're an A+ volume store and we usually have at least 2 BRTMs to pull the 3s, so usually it's done by 4 oclock.

Unfortunately, it feels like the new system is working at my store. I don't feel exhausted from running around the backroom trying to beat the CAF timers but the backroom is now alot more boring and slower paced.

I don't necessarily mind backstocking, but I'm also not a fan of doing it 5 hours straight (why I could never do early morning backroom). It's gotten to the point I'm checking flex fulfillments every 5 minutes, hoping a bunch would drop, or someone would drop a mammoth research/exf batch.

The backroom is cleaner, and the CAFs allowed a TM and I to backstock the mess that is electronics lockup (you couldn't even walk in there yesterday, now it's clean).

It's just really boring now and I'm concerned about the effect on payroll this has.

Unfortunately, it feels like the new system is working at my store. I don't feel exhausted from running around the backroom trying to beat the CAF timers but the backroom is now alot more boring and slower paced.

I don't necessarily mind backstocking, but I'm also not a fan of doing it 5 hours straight (why I could never do early morning backroom). It's gotten to the point I'm checking flex fulfillments every 5 minutes, hoping a bunch would drop, or someone would drop a mammoth research/exf batch.

The backroom is cleaner, and the CAFs allowed a TM and I to backstock the mess that is electronics lockup (you couldn't even walk in there yesterday, now it's clean).

It's just really boring now and I'm concerned about the effect on payroll this has.

There's always something to do. If you're done with everything, you can do some empty location audits. Or if your leadership is anything like mine, they'll have you zone the sales floor if they see you're not busy.

Are your TL's dropping manual cafs? Ours are dropping 3-4 batches before the first caf drops to alleviate the load. They said that they are doing this because the early morning Autofills are huge. Our backroom apparently was clean from last night and when i came in this morning at 9 it looked like a tornado struck. Also, are manual caf's timed? I have TL's telling me that they we have 1 hour from when we drop them in the PDA. Is this correct??

There's always something to do. If you're done with everything, you can do some empty location audits. Or if your leadership is anything like mine, they'll have you zone the sales floor if they see you're not busy.

Absolutely. There is always... always... always... something to do in the backroom. Even if it's just sweeping the floor or under the steel.

Tonight was the first night I've closed that did not get clean after this new system started. But to be fair... every time I'd finish a FF, get to the backroom and start something.... RedWire would ping and tell me NEW ORDER... and I wanted to punch the guest that did it. :) It's always like 15 items for that damn Lysol and Clorox. Everyone wants that gift card right now. >.>

Are Backroom supposed to pull EXF and Research even with the old system? In my store, they don't unless a TL or ETL tells them to. I overheard a SrTL tell a backroom tm to "pull and sto" a Hipa batch.

Can someone explain why it's not a good idea to do manuals? If BR has the time at night to drop manuals and there's not much left to do, why is it a bad idea to be proactive and alleviate the workload in the morning by dropping some manuals?

Can someone explain why it's not a good idea to do manuals? If BR has the time at night to drop manuals and there's not much left to do, why is it a bad idea to be proactive and alleviate the workload in the morning by dropping some manuals?

At least in my store, leadership prefers EXFs to manuals for this, they say the reason is because with an EXF, you are going and filling things you absolutely 100% need on the floor, and you can control how big the batches are. We used to drop manuals, the problem would be nobody would know how large they were and then this huge mammoth of a manual would be created and the BR team wouldn't be able to finish pulling it. Now, the BR and Salesfloor teams partner with each other to ensure that the workload stays manageable and the floor is being filled with outs or critical lows being given priority.

Our strategy has been to drop manuals for pfresh and market after every round of CAFs.

We've only been dropping manuals for ad items. I don't see the point in that, since the batch (if it drops) is only 1 or 2 items. We experimented dropping a manual for all items for grc 2. Took up 1 red.

I do not know why you do not have a single person available to fill your shelves when needed. There are 1PM and 3PM pulls during the week, so that should last an ULV

We are NOT a ULV! We are a B, and missed A by this much..

And we don't have 1500's. At 1300, thats it! 1300 and 1700 on weekends..

SF is busy doing reshop, clearance push, PTM push, SPP, and FAST SERVICE since there is NO CASHIERS!

just fine from 11 (once instocks scans)

IS here scans from 0600 to maybe 1300, I didn't look at their grid.. but definitely by 1300 they have scanned, pulled, worked their batches and WENT HOME. IS is the only team doing that.

and until the afternoon when those pulls drop. If your store is busy in the evening, you should go through and scan your heaviest areas (commodities most likely) to make sure you are not light on anything. This is not that big of a workload,

Who??? WHO IS GOING TO SCAN MEAT?? The PA/Market TM???? Nope we have to push reshop, and that PILE OF metro carts for dry that is falling off the carts, and the coolers, freezer, and CLEANING...

Who is going to scan HL? SL??? If you are lucky there is 2 SL girls, 1 for HBA/Plug/Statnry/Paper/Pets/Chem, 1 for bath/bed/storage/domestics and one for elect/toys/mini/seasonal

You said we are pushing PTM, clearance, working SPP, etc. then there is reshop, and closing has zoning! ZONE ! ZONE! to be done....

The point is not to absolutely ignore your outs during the day, its to play it smart and fill what is necessary. If a cereal does run out, you should fill it. If there are a few left on the shelf and its 8PM, don't fill it. Pretty easy.

Nope, not pretty easy..

WHO be specific IS GOING to

1) Find these outs?

2) Create a batch to fill it

3) Pull said batch - ok. this one we might have covered, BR can pull it.

4) Push said batch

From 1100 to 1900, which is after Flow on most days is long gone, so that leaves SF.

Ok... SF is busy doing your clearance push, that hopefully PC has marked from the day before, or SPP (since POG can't be bothered to do their job), or market is CLEANING, pushing eggs, milk, ice.. oh.. .and lets not forget spending hours on hours on Fast Service because we have NO CASHIERS!

SF consists of one FRO, one SL, one market, one elect ((toys, elect, seasonal, mini), one HL for HBA, Domestics, Bath, storage), the VML, a HL, possibly the SLTL depending on if they are working AM,PM or off, the GSA/GSTL, and one cashier from 0800 to ~ 0930, then from 0930 there will be another, at most by the early PM there will be 4 if you are lucky ie: weekend or possibly high sales predicted (yeah like that thing works! :rolleyes: ) CA's? What are those??? Oh those mythical creatures who go get the carts... yeah SAT AM and NONE... I think they came in at 1330 when I left.. The GSA was actually having to go get them, I think I heard them go 3x on SAT AM.

There is such a skeleton for SF, it is missing bones! :mad: On some days Market and Elect are it! till 1000 or even 1130. So that means elect is ON THEIR OWN...

Oh.. then there that ZONE THING! It by good gawd is going to be done 100% or ELSE! That edict I saw come down from the SF TL's... ZONE TO BE COMPLETED 100% EVERY NIGHT!!! OR ELSE! Oh and don't forget that RESHOP!!!!! Reshop needs to be completed and really it better be only foreigns that collect at GS at the end of closing...

So you can forget it.. BR is not doing this, they will pull the batch, and it will be ready, if you create it... but they ain't pushing squat!

So if it is out doesn't come out in the 1300 too bad so sad, its out! Come back tomorrow, maybe it comes on the truck, or the autofill...

There is NO ONE TO create any batches or push them.. They've all been reassigned to YOUR other tasks...

Logistics does not need to be overnight. We are doing 4AM in an A Volume and taking 6 RDCs a week and are fine at 4AM, clean in the BR by 9-10AM everyday. There is no need in most cases, specifically in anything lower volume.

:mad: FORGET THE *&^*&%&^$%^& % VOLUME! :mad: :mad:

This should have NO BEARING on dip squat in re logistics start time/shifts! :mad:

Logistics, ie: Flow (unload/push), FDC, IS, POG, PC these ALL 100% should be performed during STORE CLOSED. Period. These teams should not be in the store after store open. In most cases that could probably be 0200. 0400 is too late, and definitely 0600 is wayyyyyy toooo late.. I think there is a couple of stores even still on that even more idiotic 0730 unload... good grief! :mad:

I know why and what your plan is for Flow, and NO THEY ARE NOT YOUR SF TEAM! Nice try. Failed, Failing. Very few of my team has walkies, mytoys, and ONLY BR gets PDA's! What little there is of SF comes in and takes what POG, IS, PC has left them.. and nope every POG member in the same valley has to have a device. Gee when we did things in a valley, once device was shared... but not now.. they each have to have their blankies.

Guests should not have to encounter any teams stocking any thing other than small CAF batches which should drop at minimum EVERY 2 HOURS from 1100 to 1700. I agree 1-2'ies are waste, so you need to get POS and BR systems to better communicate and understand what needs to come out... good luck on that with outsourced IT.

Same with POG, or TM's doing SPP..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back