Archived Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the cuts in hours came and they promised it wouldn't happen. We're getting yelled at by everyone because if we're pushing they want us backstocking and if we're backstocking their pissed that there is product on the line.

Bro calm the fuck. It's target. Not rocket science.

When poor decisions impact my stores SALES NEGATIVELY.. I and every other part of management will work to correct.

I expect there to be some interesting discussions at MON management meeting... should be fun... the level of dissatisfaction with this from the top, STL to TM is high... I expect that a modification of what we did during the pilot to be instituted.

Can we install a 180 character limit for Master? For a logistics expert you're not very efficient.

Considering the loss of hours, and the truck sizes ~2100 to 2400 x4 every week, and 100% clean. We are getting more done in less time... Major improvement from past Q1's from my predecessor who would have had half the truck(s) left to push with these hours and more TM(s). Thankfully I have a GREAT TEAM! They work VERY VERY HARD to get more done in less, with little recognition from further up be it $$$ or food or even just a good job from outside the LOG ETL.

You can't control the size of a manual. For instance, I dropped a CHEM manual the other day that took me 40 minutes to pull and 90 minutes to push. The whole point of this new system is that it's not efficient to constantly fill the floor to capacity.

What difference does it make though when when you're going to have to do that in the morning autofill anyway? If it's the evening and you have some time, why not do a manual vs a pog fill?

We've been instructed not to drop manuals in certain fillgroups because they would result in batches that take each several hours to pull. See: HBO1, HBO2, PHAR, and the like.

All I know is the e/m autofills jumped by 35% now. My ETL is getting mad because it's taking us until 7-7:30am to pull them with 4 people. Then he comes back to apologize because the pulls are usually in the 14-16 hour range on weekends and 10-12_on weekdays. Yeah, we're not going to come clean with 2.5 hours after bringing back black line sorry.

Forgot to make a post, but I wanted to add my thought after my Saturday shift.

It works. However, it needs to be staffed properly. For whatever reason, our BRTL schedules 3-4 people for the morning/early day shift on weekdays, plus himself. But then he only schedules himself as the opener, a mid, and a closer on weekends where the batches are the longest. So on Saturday, the LOD had to pull one person from SFS and one person from Consumables to help me pull the 3 hour and 45 minute long 3 o'clock CAFs until the closer came in to help. So when we are scheduled like that, it's impossible to pull the three oclocks solo, especially on a busy Saturday.

Another problem I noticed: Before 2 o'clock, the only person pushing research/outs that I have pulled is the Instocks team, which is only one person. So almost all of the research that I pulled from when I came in at 10:30 stayed on the line until 2. When I left at 7, there was still a research pull on the line that had been avoided like the plague.

So basically, if we are scheduled properly, this new system works fine. It makes our backroom more efficient, and I believe we will see a big increase in our other metrics since we will be able to completely the rest of our tasks properly. More time to backstock, pick SPUs, process STS orders, do location audits, etc.

I'm just gonna say rite now backroom team member are the backbone of target without us they're nothing. I mean we do everything from flow push , schedule CAFs , FAs, audits, price change , POGs and back stock oh yeah ducking cardboard then they complain when it's not all done is 5 hours Tf fuck you. Sorry we all can't walk around pretending to zone all day

Our stores biggest issue with the new system is that they are no longer scheduling an opening person. SO now we lose one of our early morning people to pull all of the different batches that are dropped by instocks and sales floor people. We haven't come clean on the truck day since the new process started, when we used to come clean everyday.

Our pulls in the morning are still big, and are supposed to be about 8-10 hrs on weekdays and up to 15 on weekends. I'm hoping this will fix itself as the process is out longer, but at this point the pulls have been getting bigger everyday.

I'm not sure is it's just my store but the backroom pulls everything. Plano rarely pulls a damn thing because 95% of that team is worthless assholes. With 4 people early morning, pulls taking almost double the time they had even a week ago (because nobody is pulling manuals at night), and my STL basically saying "Well this is how it's going to be so though." I've had it. My team is pulling more than 4th quarter with one of us doing the audit or having to help the truck unload. This new system will never work in my store because there is no accountability anywhere.

My backroom is "responsible" for pulling the CAFs, Research, FAs, Price Change and Audit. The problem that I have seen so far, it it seems that since the new rollout, the dayside backroom is responsible for being hands-on everywhere. Recently, I was trying to set up the receiving process, when we were told to push all the pulls. Sad thing was, there was at least 2 representatives in each other department that could have pushed their own merchandise. The new set up has delayed the closing process, while also delaying the price change over to the morning person.

They have a big focus on making sure the merchandise gets to the floor to make sales.

2 nights ago, we were finally able to get all of the backroom clean. Unfortunately, the next truck was a little bigger that the O/N was able to handle. Walked into the back, like my team didn't do anything.

It's alright like Matthew Mcconaughey says. Have to make sure that every one is on the same page. Can't let a select few direct and others to do the work. This should be "1 Team," if there are any believers left. Just work with your head up and your heart in the right position. Everything should be alright.

Another problem I noticed: Before 2 o'clock, the only person pushing research/outs that I have pulled is the Instocks team, which is only one person. So almost all of the research that I pulled from when I came in at 10:30 stayed on the line until 2. When I left at 7, there was still a research pull on the line that had been avoided like the plague.

In theory, research pulls should be pushed before any of the CAFs. That's why they get the yellow Priority Pull clips. If your sales floor team is responsible for pushing CAFs but they avoid priority pulls (because "it's the instocks team's job"), put green Pulls clips on them so they think they're just regular CAFs.

So far I haven't really noticed much difference. The autofills are about the same, sometimes a bit heavy in certain fillgroups. The LOD has the BR dropping random manuals throughout the morning and in between the CAFs. the backroom is still going through periods of getting close to coming clean and then ending up nowhere near close. Hours are still the same and BR is still not being asked to work the pulls.

this morning dairy autos were fucking insane. I don't know why the system soon think that we need a metro rack and in entire tub of push on the floor but we fucking don't. Half the metro and the entire tub was backstock

this morning dairy autos were fucking insane. I don't know why the system soon think that we need a metro rack and in entire tub of push on the floor but we fucking don't. Half the metro and the entire tub was backstock
Did someone Qmos a lot of stuff ??

Did the food truck get acknowledged?

How is everyone being scheduled with the new CAF system? Before we would have something like:
Opener- 7:30-2:30
Early mid- 9:30-4:30
Mid- 11:00-6:00/12:00-7:00
Late mid- 1:00-8:00/2:00-9:00
Closer- 3:30-10:30

Now with the lightened workload, there is no need for 5-6 TMs throughout the day. We end up with something more like:
Opener- 8: 00-4:30
Early mid- 9:30-6:00
Late mid- 2:00-9:00
Closer- 4:00-11:00

Longer shifts for some of us makes up for working fewer days. All in all not too bad.

Our schedules are something like

4am stays until 9:30. Usually 4 people. 1 stays until 12:30

9am - 5:30 pm opener
11am - 4pm or 3pm - 8pm mid
1pm - 9:30 pm closer

For us it's early morning until 12:30
Opener 11 or 12 to 4:30
Closer 4:30-10

We are seeing with the bigger auto's at night flow is just jamming crap anywhere and our In-Stocks pulls went from big to insane.

For us:

Opener: 8am - 3 pm
Long mid: 1 pm - 8 pm
Short mid: 1 pm - 5-6pm
Closer: 5 pm - 10 pm

We have 5 backroom team members and 2 of them leave at 10am and the other 3 leave at 1:30pm. We have a 10-6pm mid and a 2-10 closer. The morning guys never come clean and often can't even finish blackline. I often come in at 10am and find autofills not complete audit and suspect date audits still in the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back