Archived Closing Expert and Lead Development Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

2nate3

Closing Expert
Hey guys, I was recently asked to become closing expert as a next step in my development. According to leadership, the plan is for me to become more global and knowledgeable as far as what goes into closing down the store and eventually take over the CTL posistion in the next year. I was wondering what tips or wisdoms you guys might have as far as what I should be focusing on at closes and how I should handle certain things. I know I’ll learn a lot over the course of my time in the expert role, but I just wanted to try and make sure I’m not fresh out of the water when I start and attempt to hit the ground running. Thank you!

This is a brand new role, almost nobody knows what it entails. The most I can imagine is managing reshop + zones + appropriate help in different areas as needed (backup cashiering, softlines vs hardlines, etc.)

I hope all the closing expert will learn Flexible Fulfillment they will have to.

I will say, even as electronics, I’ve had to help out with flex orders. So I’m sure the closing experts will have to learn in order to be able to provide support if needed. That’s my assumption at least.

We have the payroll and coverage where, at night, assistance is only needed if someone is on break and multiples drop in. In that case, lod does it.

We have the payroll and coverage where, at night, assistance is only needed if someone is on break and multiples drop in. In that case, lod does it.
I wish! This should be an indication of how wonky payroll is at my store right now: The other day, I was scheduled for 6 hours in electronics. Received a call the day before to cut that shift by 2 hours. At the end of the 4 hour shift, I get asked to cover FF for another 4-5 hours because there was a gap in coverage. :/

I’m not complaining about getting the hours back and more though. That was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back