Archived Closing FRA/Operator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I have been with Target for 6 months. I started out as a hard lines team member, but due to a disability, I had to request to be moved to a different area. The STL offered me the fitting room/operator role by telling me that it was just answering phones and checking guests in and out of the fitting room. What they did not tell me was that at my store the closing FRA is pretty much just a glorified softlines tm. They ask us to forward the phones to the front lanes at a certain time then I am responsible for zoning 2-3 softlines sections and putting up reshop in those sections, but I still have to come back to the fitting room every hour to clean it up, check for tags, and sort all the softlines reshop for the rest of the closers. This, honestly, is not much better with my disability than hardlines was, but I fear going to management again about it even though I was not told the position involved all of this. If I had been told, I would have asked to be just a cashier. Is the FRA/operator position like this in any of your stores? Should I bring up the issue again with management? Or should I just find something else (I'm trying to do that anyway)? Thanks in advance, guys.

Lower volume stores usually have their operator zone a department or two after about 8 o clock. It's the only way to finishing soft lines in a timely manner. In my higher volume store the operator doesn't zone anything, she has it easy, it would probably be a better fit for a disability.

I think you should do what you need to do. If your disability impedes on your ability to complete the job in a timely manner and comfortably I would definitely talk to your management and just inform them of the situation better.

Differently make clear what your limitations are and if they still want you to just answer the phone and check in the guests cool but otherwise they need to find you another position.
Make sure you get it all in writing though, do not count on anything that has been agreed to verbally.
You will only get screwed that way.

Oh, and welcome to The Break Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back