Archived Closing Market Duties

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am a recent hire for Market/Consumables/PFresh, and tonight I am closing by myself for the first time.

I have a pretty solid grip of what I am supposed to do (pulls and zoning mainly), but just a tad lost on "fills."

As I understand it, fills are when I determine what needs to be taken from our produce backroom and put onto the floor. When doing this, I need to scan with a MyDevice and use the "Take" option in the produce coolers, scanning the location I'm taking it from, and enter the number I am taking, correct?

I suppose I'm just a tad nervous because it's my first shift working by myself, without a trainer or coworker.

Any and all tips are appreciated and welcome!

If you pull out the milk pallet to push it, grab some shrink wrap and wrap it up first. Eventually you'll lose a tower of milk, but push that off as long as you can.
Sorry at my store I'm a lucky dog and have a back feeder right to the shelf Don't forget to cull and toss expired salads bakery meat and coupon meat that will expire on 6/6.

So I am a recent hire for Market/Consumables/PFresh, and tonight I am closing by myself for the first time.

I have a pretty solid grip of what I am supposed to do (pulls and zoning mainly), but just a tad lost on "fills."

As I understand it, fills are when I determine what needs to be taken from our produce backroom and put onto the floor. When doing this, I need to scan with a MyDevice and use the "Take" option in the produce coolers, scanning the location I'm taking it from, and enter the number I am taking, correct?

I suppose I'm just a tad nervous because it's my first shift working by myself, without a trainer or coworker.

Any and all tips are appreciated and welcome!

Are you shooting outs and having the backroom for you? If that's the case, you will use the "fill" option on MyDevice -- you scan the product and count how many are on the floor, and the MyDevice will calculate how many are needed to fill the floor location. Keep doing this on the floor until you're done, then you'll click the upper left side of the screen (outline of a head and should have a number 1 in blue) and it will ask you to close your batch. Close it, and then let backroom know (by walkie or tell them in person) you have a batch of produce you need pulled.

If you're filling the floor yourself aka pulling from the backroom, you would be using the "take" option -- scan the item, scan the backroom location, and enter the number you want to pull from the backroom. You would repeat this until you were done.

I hope I explained this properly... Good luck with closing!

Correct. How did your shift go?

Stumbled through a little bit, and ran out of time at the end, but the LOD said I did a good job filling and flexing in PFresh. Closing again for the next couple days, so I think I'll be good.

Thanks all.

Milk was easy because we hardly had any at all. Only MP Whole and Hiland Skim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back