Closing team

What do the closing teams look like at your stores.. hours, rolls, responsibilities, TL routines TM routines etc expectations etc etc

What do the closing teams look like at your stores.. hours, rolls, responsibilities, TL routines TM routines etc expectations etc etc
Just reposting op, cause that’s what I’m asking about is the closing ETL/TL and experts

At my store it differs between weekdays & weekends. Weekdays there's one closing TL/LOD. She's Style, and there's usually another Style TL and at least one grocery TL, along with one or two SETLs (but we promoted all of our GSAs to SETLs, which I gather is unusual). All ETLs are usually out by 7-8pm, except on Wednesdays, when my ETL takes longer getting out because of writing the schedule. We only have three GM TLs, I think, and two of them are days only (inbound, mostly) and the third mostly works days, too, but closes occasionally during the week.

Weekends there's a closing ETL, and usually at least 1 TL each in grocery and style, and the third GM TL will close about once a month.

At my store it differs between weekdays & weekends. Weekdays there's one closing TL/LOD. She's Style, and there's usually another Style TL and at least one grocery TL, along with one or two SETLs (but we promoted all of our GSAs to SETLs, which I gather is unusual). All ETLs are usually out by 7-8pm, except on Wednesdays, when my ETL takes longer getting out because of writing the schedule. We only have three GM TLs, I think, and two of them are days only (inbound, mostly) and the third mostly works days, too, but closes occasionally during the week.

Weekends there's a closing ETL, and usually at least 1 TL each in grocery and style, and the third GM TL will close about once a month.
Dang y’all seem stacked everyone but the closing TL leave by 6:30 at my store

Look folks, @Sebastian has a reasonable question and is catching a lot of shit. Asking for a comparison for how the closing duties are actually carried out in different stores is not too much to ask for. Implementation of the Modernization Bible can be ASANTS, and comparing the good and bad of the different ways of following the rules can help a store that is struggling with a particular issue.

So, at y'all stores, what do the hours look like (at your own store)? What duties are actually done by who? Is there a routine or process that the TL and the TMs follow pretty regularly? In the order of steps done in that routine? What tasks are done by (at your own store) by the closing TMs, what are shifted to other shifts, what from other shifts are given to the closers? Are there closing TMs that are not closing experts, and what's the workload division between them?

Help the poor guy out. Don't just throw down the Modernization Bible as if everyone follows it perfectly with no ambiguity, and not talk about your own experiences in the stores themselves.

This can’t be right. Your closing TL doesn’t have a department and works M-F or S-T. Also you don’t have a closing ETL you have ETLs that rotate on the weekends. Your style TL can’t be your closing TL. Unless you are currently in between TLs

Mmm well tm wise we normally have closing expert in GM that walks with the Team Lead and runa the team while team lead does nothing really. Beauty closer, elctronics closer, and one peraon in all of gm beaide the closing expert.

Two to three in style depending on the night and self check out after 6pm foe the front. No gueat service. We all get carts about 30mins before close. The rest of the night we are 100% getting zones perfect. Any truck or project left overs we clean up and if we have ofos left do those.

Take down add on saturdays. Um. Pretty normal old school stuff. Reahop of course. They call us DBOs and claim our depts as our business but we are still just zoning and reahiping most the time. Also 4hrs shifts only for closing here. So no lunches. Which means no staying super late.
Dunno about our hours beside we are over by 400 or so :/ I get abput 22hrs a week as a closer with only closing availability. Dunno if that helps at all.

Dang y’all seem stacked everyone but the closing TL leave by 6:30 at my store

Uh, well, then I don't know what to say to that. Unless your store closes at 6, the closing TL leaving at 6:30 seems like your store is not doing it right.
This can’t be right. Your closing TL doesn’t have a department and works M-F or S-T. Also you don’t have a closing ETL you have ETLs that rotate on the weekends. Your style TL can’t be your closing TL. Unless you are currently in between TLs

She obviously will answer questions from anyone and do the LOD thing as best she can, but whatever her precise title currently, she was a Style TL before she started closing on weeknights, so that's her experience. And the non-LOD tasks she does are mostly Style. She's great, don't get me wrong, but doesn't always know the ins-and-outs of GM or grocery or whatever, so I think of her as a Style TL.

Look folks, @Sebastian has a reasonable question and is catching a lot of shit. Asking for a comparison for how the closing duties are actually carried out in different stores is not too much to ask for. Implementation of the Modernization Bible can be ASANTS, and comparing the good and bad of the different ways of following the rules can help a store that is struggling with a particular issue.

So, at y'all stores, what do the hours look like (at your own store)? What duties are actually done by who? Is there a routine or process that the TL and the TMs follow pretty regularly? In the order of steps done in that routine? What tasks are done by (at your own store) by the closing TMs, what are shifted to other shifts, what from other shifts are given to the closers? Are there closing TMs that are not closing experts, and what's the workload division between them?

Help the poor guy out. Don't just throw down the Modernization Bible as if everyone follows it perfectly with no ambiguity, and not talk about your own experiences in the stores themselves.
Omg you’re my favorite person thank you. I’m just trying to build a strong routine

Uh, well, then I don't know what to say to that. Unless your store closes at 6, the closing TL leaving at 6:30 seems like your store is not doing it right.

She obviously will answer questions from anyone and do the LOD thing as best she can, but whatever her precise title currently, she was a Style TL before she started closing on weeknights, so that's her experience. And the non-LOD tasks she does are mostly Style. She's great, don't get me wrong, but doesn't always know the ins-and-outs of GM or grocery or whatever, so I think of her as a Style TL.
Nah I said everyone (TL wise) leaves by 6:30 EXCEPT for the closing TL. Right now they aren’t classifying them properly so I get 3 closing GM TMs and very few DBO for like 30 mins to an hour... my closing team comes in at 5 at the earliest , then 6 , then 7 and I come in at 330?

Nah I said everyone (TL wise) leaves by 6:30 EXCEPT for the closing TL. Right now they aren’t classifying them properly so I get 3 closing GM TMs and very few DBO for like 30 mins to an hour... my closing team comes in at 5 at the earliest , then 6 , then 7 and I come in at 330?
The closing team is supposed to come in 5pm & later. Closing tl comes in at 3pm or 4pm depending on what the store closes. There is more info on workbench about closing tl's & routines.

Closing TM here. I just do what ever the LOD wants me to do for that shift, but mostly GM work. We also have other Closing TM at my store that do not close, just reshop til 8 then their done.

Back