Archived Cluttered Freezer Makes for Unsafe Work Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that ours is unsafe because overnight stacks way too much shit on the already overflowing number of vehicles in the freezers, so if you try to move the vehicles you risk getting buried in a mountain of Tyson's chicken or whatever. Plus there are times where the freezer is literally full, when every square foot is filled by some vehicle and there is no way to move any of them around or two squeeze through them. It's a nightmare.

Why should backroom. Backstock markets shit? Maybe we should push their truck as well

So should salesfloor backstock the autofills/CAFS then too? There is a difference between market and C&S btw.

People can correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure PFRESH hours arent even allocated time for backstock or push. I know C&S is logistics and POG is its own hours YET here our market team is backstocking both at times during the week or having to help push either as well. Market has to backstock the morning and evening pfresh pulls and work them out obv like we should, along with doing backroom SDA which not sure who that is supposed to fall under but we do it anyway.

I dont even want to get into how backroom at my store doesnt have to attend 30min-hour morning huddles or 30+ minute midday zones either

Our Logistics and BR overspend on hours constantly and it was so bad our DTL or maybe even someone above that came in and went line by line over how exactly we were spending an how to be more effiecent and get back to how its supposed to be because it was sucking hours out of all the other workcenters which IMO is BS and not fair. For Pfresh I probably dont even get half of the hours that HQ actually allocates

Last edited:
Why should backroom. Backstock markets shit? Maybe we should push their truck as well
Why should backroom backstock softlines or electronics shit? Hell why should they even backstock anything from the sales floor??

It doesn't work like that. BR backstock the shit that logistics deals with aka cafs, truck push and black line. Market unloads their own truck, bowls out and pushed their own cooler and monarchs their boxes.

Expecting br to backstock 4 different coolers on top the cafs, flows, pogs, and more is stupid.

This is why most stores don't have br bs the coolers. The market team is a specialized team that should do it

It doesn't work like that. BR backstock the shit that logistics deals with aka cafs, truck push and black line. Market unloads their own truck, bowls out and pushed their own cooler and monarchs their boxes.

Expecting br to backstock 4 different coolers on top the cafs, flows, pogs, and more is stupid.

This is why most stores don't have br bs the coolers. The market team is a specialized team that should do it
Specialized team. What is that ? At target ? If you have time between the 1 o'clock and 3 o'clock pulls please sto 1 or 2 metros in my freezer I mean you don't have the 11am 12 pm 2 pm 4 pm pulls any more I'm sure you can find some time.

I made it my goal to try to fix our freezer situation. We have tubs of ribs and turkeys scattered everywhere, a donation cart that never seems to go out, 2 carts marked price change, a pallet of ice, and at least 2 carts of backstock at the moment. Last week it was more like 6-7 carts of backstock. I brought out every empty waco we had and started backstocking away. I taped all of the labels as I went along just to make sure they weren't going to fall off. Half of our freezer wacos are missing labels/missing completely.

for the donation cart i'm afraid the best way to see it go is to donate to the compactor !!

price change call pricing over the walkie and tell them they have 24 hrs to mark them.
Then qmos and donate the same way if pricing hasn't gotten to them.
that will clean up 3 cart quickly !!
Ribs if they haven't expired, aka been in that freezer for over 1 year, then put in your meat cooler unlocated so they can thaw out then weight them and get them into the bunker for
Memorial day !! price at 2.99 per lb !! they will sell.
for the turkeys, if it's turkey breast weigh and sell them if turkeys donate to that said compactor.

Specialized team. What is that ? At target ? If you have time between the 1 o'clock and 3 o'clock pulls please sto 1 or 2 metros in my freezer I mean you don't have the 11am 12 pm 2 pm 4 pm pulls any more I'm sure you can find some time.
The coolers aren't even pushed util like 12pm in my store. We're not going to blitz that over the truck push or flexes and pogs/research

The coolers aren't even pushed util like 12pm in my store. We're not going to blitz that over the truck push or flexes and pogs/research
how about on non food truck days. just find 30 minutes to sto 1 metro per person per day.

1 cage of cardboard should only take 10 minutes TOPs.
i doubt if market has more than 4 cages, 40 minutes. ok you have a good excuse this time.
When market leaves their trash everyone else does too so it gets backed up which adds time on

I taped all of the labels as I went along just to make sure they weren't going to fall off. Half of our freezer wacos are missing labels/missing completely.

Since the labels fall off the wacos so easily, we started using the gray label holders (the ones that snap onto the front edge of a metro shelf) and sticking the labels on those. We had already been doing it for casestock shelves, and now we put a gray label holder under each waco.

Since the labels fall off the wacos so easily, we started using the gray label holders (the ones that snap onto the front edge of a metro shelf) and sticking the labels on those. We had already been doing it for casestock shelves, and now we put a gray label holder under each waco.
this way you cannot take wacos outside of the freezer and sto outside since the label in on the shelf.

maybe try a new roll of label strips and put them on the waco outside of the freezer first and let dry for 5 or 10 minutes.

I don't trust our overnight team. Those gray label holders are constantly being knocked off/broken...and as qmosqueen said, that eliminates the ability to pull the wacos outside of the freezer to backstock. A big piece of tape (or two, one overlapping the other) over the barcode seems to be the only thing that works. I even started taping over barcodes on lower steel locations where vehicles tend to bump and scrape, making the barcode unreadable.

this way you cannot take wacos outside of the freezer and sto outside since the label in on the shelf.

maybe try a new roll of label strips and put them on the waco outside of the freezer first and let dry for 5 or 10 minutes.

We put labels on the wacos too. The gray label holders are there in case the waco labels fall off or become unscannable.

I don't trust our overnight team. Those gray label holders are constantly being knocked off/broken...and as qmosqueen said, that eliminates the ability to pull the wacos outside of the freezer to backstock. A big piece of tape (or two, one overlapping the other) over the barcode seems to be the only thing that works. I even started taping over barcodes on lower steel locations where vehicles tend to bump and scrape, making the barcode unreadable.

Most (if not all) of the gray label holders in our freezer are zip-tied onto the shelves so they can't get knocked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back