CNN is now reporting on stores!

So I'm shopping at a well-known off-price retailer and maybe someone should get CNN over here. Talk about crowded aisles and cardboard, fixtures and stock everywhere, yikes. Target is not the only retailer with issues, that's for sure.

Some conservative blog sites are turning this into “see? This is what happens when you ask for $15/hr”

They’d be all over a story with the headline “Trump Tower raises wages. But some employees say their hours were cut, leaving them struggling.”

And I’m no fan of Trump. But CNN just seems so disconnected from ordinary Americans sometimes.
Bingo

This is a super popular topic with conservative bloggers. They HATE paying above minimum wage.

Theirs a presidential candidate named andrèw yàng who did the math and can actually give all Americans $1000/month as a cushion to help pay bills, or help you escape from an abusive work, or relationship. target and any retail are abusive.
while i agree with yangs projection, its needs to be a percentage-not a flat rate. a percentage is flexible and allows profit for the company WHILE insuring that more production and consumption by the factory/maker yields more money and when we get a drop in the market we dont flush out companies if they dont make that money. most think of gm or some huge factory making millions and not a fast food place where the profit margin is extremely low to begin with. i cant go full commie on this but i also notice we arent giving money to children removed from factories, the old blacksmith, etc. when tech replaced their work.

Frankly I’m getting tired of people complaining about hours and then refusing to stay late. No one on my team will stay, ever.

They probably think they’re sticking it to Target for not scheduling those hours, but really they’re just shooting themselves in the foot.

I'd be able to stay late if I didn't have to find a second job to make up for the fact that you guys only schedule me 4 hours a week. I can't put the well-being of my entire life on the possibility that you'll ask me to stay late in the event someone calls out.

Well, for all those writing the schedule, where do the hours that magically appear when you want someone to stay late come from? If they aren't there in the first place, how do you suddenly have more to give when it's convenient for you?
Flex hours or call out. We schedule flat but are comping so much this year we typically have 500-1000 hours at the end of the month to spend from sales being so good.

Back