Coachings for G.U.E.S.T.

I was going to resurrect a thread from 3 years ago that said the same thing but it was ‘closed for further replies’

This week TL were TOLD they MUST PDD EVERY time a TM does not acknowledge a guest !

Is The G.U.E.S.T. Model enforced in your store ?
It has recently been a NEW focus for us after the training due and it being included in the addendum last month and this month.
Last month was “G” for GREET.
This months addendum covers “U” for understand.

Coaching for this seems a bit excessive, no?
We have tm’s that work VERY hard but don’t speak English and are VERY hesitant to offer assistance that they can’t follow through on.

I just love it when companies get so focused on their latest and greatest "let's make more money" ideas. I've seen a million come and go. They will be over this in a couple of months.

Saying hi to a guest is no big deal, I suppose. Guess I should do it more often, just to cover my butt, although leadership isn't exactly camped out in Style, thankfully.

Not specifically getting written up for GUEST, but I know my TLs are being pressured from our ETL to coach and write more team members up. It’s frustrating especially when you’re the only cashier on and you forget to wipe your belt down in between each guest because you’re trying to move the line as fast as possible and “boom, write up.”

A few years ago we were told that everyone in the store had to greet every guest, all shift long.

That worked for about 2 days before guests were yelling at us, from TM to SD and then calling Corporate that we weren’t leaving them to shop in peace and were harassing them the entire time they were in the store.

I don’t see this ending much differently.

Ahh yet another useless thing that won't amount to anything. They actually want me to leave my counter/work and do this. I do not have time for that shit and don't do this. I am up to my fucking ears in work alone and you want me to do this fuck off. That's what the fucking cleaner at the fucking door near by is for. I will greet/be friendly and make sure they are accommodated if they come up to me.

I mean they bring it up at huddles every once in a while, but they don’t really enforce anything or give coachings. It’s more like “memorize this acronym in case there’s a visit and they ask you about it”

But I try to be friendly and welcoming to everyone. I don’t think you need an acronym to do that, there comes a point where it feels unnatural and robotic.

Not specifically getting written up for GUEST, but I know my TLs are being pressured from our ETL to coach and write more team members up.

WTF?

That worked for about 2 days before guests were yelling at us, from TM to SD and then calling Corporate that we weren’t leaving them to shop in peace and were harassing them the entire time they were in the store.

Yes, this. God, I've been to those stores and it's exhausting as a shopper. Just leave me alone to shop in peace! A head nod in my direction is plenty, thanks.

Just be a bobble-head and greet, ask, put on a phoney grin then go back to your mustard and salad dressing. It ain't hard. Some folks have social anxiety so it's difficult. There are plenty of other things for them to do. Put the social butterflies on the front line.
Liked for the social anxiety acknowledgement. Yeah that's a daily struggle for me and I know so many others. Nobody would ever guess how terrified I get (on occasion) at random times for no reason. It only gets a little easier with repetition. Some days are a total reset, though most days I'm fine. Sometimes, in the middle of a perfectly great day, I just get clobbered with a wave of it that makes me want to go hide. It's so weird, and so misunderstood. Leaders should be aware of who our anxious folks are and cut them some slack, imo.

I can relate to that. This crusty old fart has little tolerance for young shitty bitches and manbitches who think their shit don't stink. 'Ya gotta CYA because these bastards will lie to get 10c off of (X). Throwing cardboard looks pretty good, doesn't it?

When I’m walking with or near leaders I am extremely extra with how friendly I should be. Some people don’t want to be bothered while others are much more friendly back. I’m currently trying to get better at reading people before speaking because a person could very possibly leave a bad comment if they are naturally bitter and introverted and I try to be extra friendly.

I have noticed that for the past two weeks, my leaders have started asking me(and all other team members) how we are doing our part to help guests. They have asked questions like “what do you usually say to guests” and also variations of that question like “what do you tell guests in situation a b or c”. I do my part by at the minimum telling each guest hello, asking how they are, and from there if they aren’t in a hurry or are nice, I’ll offer help

Back