Archived Come on now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday was my very first day at work and I got put onto the cash register. I had a guest come to my lane with about i'd say at least 20 smallish items (mostly ear plugs). I started ringing her up but then she started yelling at me that she wanted to pay for each item individually. so I had to void everything and had to scan each item individually, then let her pay, then do it again.
After she left the next guy goes "what the heck was that all about!?"

Yep, that's what you get when you call customers 'guests'.
You bow down, grit your teeth and accept the stupidity.

Yeah, guests expect team members to be mind readers. "You should have known I wanted everything rung up individually!"

I've had guests who throw giftcards on the belt and when I ask them how much money they want on it, they get angry and start yelling "I don't want money on it! It's what I'm using to pay."

There was a guest who yelled at a guest service TM because she refunded the money to the guest's debit card, instead of a giftcard. "Why would you do that? I have to shop and I don't have money on my debit card. You should have put it in a giftcard!"

OP: don't worry, not every guest is a complete nutcase. If you ever have a guest giving you **** at the lanes, call your GSTL. Let them deal with it.

There was a guest who yelled at a guest service TM because she refunded the money to the guest's debit card, instead of a giftcard. "Why would you do that? I have to shop and I don't have money on my debit card. You should have put it in a giftcard!"

:facepalm:

Wearing red and khaki with a walkie, PDT, and a name tag while pushing a three tier cart....

"Do you work here?"

Not as bad as working Black Friday, getting off of work finally, and then going to Best Buy and having people that were shopping there come up and ask me where something is. This one a$$hat decided he was going to get pissed off when I told him I didn't work there. He asked for my supervisor, I told him to go to some random guy that DID work there, and then the Best Buy guy busted out laughing in the guy's face when they pointed me out to them and I waved to show who they were talking about...

That was the best day ever.

A local groc chain also wears red & khaki so I was asked (while checking out) if I wanted to use my discount.
When I looked puzzled, the cashier said "You know, your EMPLOYEE discount...?"
Then I pulled out my Target name badge & said "I don't think I qualify."
The bagger laughed so hard at her that she started slapping him with a bag.

I love it when I go somewhere after work wearing "Spot gear" and say I just got off work and people ask "Oh, where do you work?" :facepalm:

I had a guest split a transaction up into 2 separate transactions for no apparent reason. She wasn't getting any special deals, and I watched her pay with the same card both times.

I had a guest split a transaction up into 2 separate transactions for no apparent reason. She wasn't getting any special deals, and I watched her pay with the same card both times.
Eh. I get that all the time. Who knows, they might be picking something up for a friend, relative, or loved one who is paranoid about money and not-so-hot at deciphering receipts, so I can kinda understand that...

My thing is when the guests get their knickers in a twist over the question, " Do you want it all on the card? " on the PIN pad.

Responses range from befuddled and confused to amused to indignant to downright deranged. )

Meanwhile, I'm left to wonder, " If you DON'T have multiple payment methods, why do you care so much??? "

( I suspect it's just people who are easily confused or irritated, or, around here, people who have really strong opinions about people who use EBT cards as a payment method and take offense to the implication that they might be in that category... )

I buy stuff for my mom and I usually try and split the purchases up because it's so much easier to account for the money that way and I don't forget how much belongs to her and how much belongs to me. When you don't actually work your receipts until a few weeks after the fact (whoops), the item description on the receipt is not always good enough to tell you what it was that you bought and who you bought it for. :p

My thing is when the guests get their knickers in a twist over the question, " Do you want it all on the card? " on the PIN pad.

Responses range from befuddled and confused to amused to indignant to downright deranged. )

Meanwhile, I'm left to wonder, " If you DON'T have multiple payment methods, why do you care so much??? "

I had a couple of guys come over to Food Ave one day and he wanted 2 large drinks ($3.65 where I am). He only had $3.57 and proceeded to put the other 8 cents on his debit card...

plmf6of

My store is close to Canada, and we get a lot of Canadian guests who insist on paying for food items separately. Something about declaring their purchases at the border.

( I suspect it's just people who are easily confused or irritated, or, around here, people who have really strong opinions about people who use EBT cards as a payment method and take offense to the implication that they might be in that category... )

We get this all the time back in pharmacy....it gets REALLY interesting when they're paying with a flex-spending card and they get all huffy because they can't pay for their OTC items with it. They throw fits because "they USED TO be able to pay for WHATEVER with it" and we have to explain that the rules governing flex spending accounts have changed and not all accounts will let them pay for OTC items anymore, but they can probably keep their receipt and submit a manual claim. One guy had a conniption over a $2 box of band-aids!!!

I had a guest the other day start wigging out (I'm pretty sure she was higher than a kite) because she dropped a PENNY behind the register. She started digging around behind it and DID end up finding it, but also managed to knock 2 plugs loose....I offered to GIVE one to her, but she was determined to find HERS, which she then turned around and handed me to pay for her meds!!! (and yes, she KNEW it was a penny) :facepalm:

I have an another one : wearing one of those tee shirts that I got for volunteering somewhere,and was asked by a guest if I was volunteering in the store

I've gotten that. Volunteer to work at Target? Really?

Community service.....although they'd probably rule that it was "cruel and unusual punishment" ;)

I have an another one : wearing one of those tee shirts that I got for volunteering somewhere,and was asked by a guest if I was volunteering in the store

Community service.....although they'd probably rule that it was "cruel and unusual punishment" ;)

With what they pay us we might as well be considered "volunteers"!:laugh3:

With what they pay us we might as well be considered "volunteers"!:laugh3:

My thoughts exactly:thank_you2:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back