Coming Back to Target potentially after ~3 years away...

OGP Girl

Walmart Digital Personal Shopper
Ok, so I basically left Target 3 years ago on not so good terms.

I have worked at a competitor for some time (being general here for reasons)...

I applied to some Target’s and got a email saying one wants to interview me.

When I ask about the amount of hours I get should I believe them? When I left I was being scheduled at 40 hours even tho I asked for less. But that was then and lots has changed.

I see on the Target Reddit people consistently bitching about hours but I also know people are more apt to complain when they are not pleased.

Like, tbh I am terrified to leave Walmart (yes I said it) but I also know I can’t stay...my store is a mess and my ASM just hires whoever he can and if they’re lazy he expects me to work myself to death at 50-60 hours a week. That’s BS.

I am going to school this fall (online community college, not out of town) and I want a job that can work with that?

Do you think Target might be ok for me again?

Be open and honest with them during the interview.

Tell the maximum number of hours you will work due to your schooling.

Tell them the availability that works around your schooling.

Go the extra step and type it up to hand them.

Tell them that your schooling comes first and will not jeopardize your education to work more hours or different hours than you give them.

If they accept, you should be good. If they can't guarantee to respect your max hours and availability, then decline the job.

Be open and honest with them during the interview.

Tell the maximum number of hours you will work due to your schooling.

Tell them the availability that works around your schooling.

Go the extra step and type it up to hand them.

Tell them that your schooling comes first and will not jeopardize your education to work more hours or different hours than you give them.

If they accept, you should be good. If they can't guarantee to respect your max hours and availability, then decline the job.
I will do that.

But I also live on my own now so I need a certain number of hours to survive as well.

I hear on Reddit that they are slashing everyone’s hours (tho I also hear people complain about too many), but then again some people just complain, even if they are not very productive worker (I see this at my Walmart all the time).

Don't expect a lot of hours. It depends on sales & hours allotted at the store.
I mean I am not expecting 40 hours a week (nor do I want that) but I need at least 25, if not 30.

I plan to make this clear at the interview and made this clear in the application.

I mean I am not expecting 40 hours a week (nor do I want that) but I need at least 25, if not 30.

I plan to make this clear at the interview and made this clear in the application.
Unfortunately a lot of my team members right now who had requested ~25-40 hours are only getting 12-16/week so that’s definitely something to think about

Unfortunately a lot of my team members right now who had requested ~25-40 hours are only getting 12-16/week so that’s definitely something to think about
I mean yes which is why I am hesitant to go to Target...but I also don’t feel I can stay at my current job due to the stress and demands placed on my time.

Naw Tarshit is no good. They do not give damn about hours or you. I get 16 hour this week this week and 12 hours next fucking week. If left on in bad terms last time your leave on bad terms this time too. Tarshit is even worse now then was before. Especially with covid running around and Tarshit might just hire you and say your seasonal let you go. Your job might stress you now but Tarshit will do worse too you.

I mean yes which is why I am hesitant to go to Target...but I also don’t feel I can stay at my current job due to the stress and demands placed on my time.
Sometimes you just gotta take the leap... if you feel like answering I was wondering why you left target on “not so good terms”

Sometimes you just gotta take the leap... if you feel like answering I was wondering why you left target on “not so good terms”
Well, when I was employed at Target I was going through a rough point and my attendance was not great...I also NCNS as a way of quitting bc my Mom would not let me put in my two week notice (which in retrospect I should have done anyways).

I am doing a lot better now which I credit to being on the right medication and moving out on my own.

I’m shocked that I even got a email asking for a interview tbh...like why would they pick me?

I mean I know I have two years of Walmart experience but still...

Also, I feel I should say Walmart is going through a restructuring which seems very similar to Modernization.

Look up Great Workplace (GWP) on the Walmart reddit if you wanna know more.

how long did you work for Target? When Target updated their hiring software, they lost the ability to auto-reject anyone who was non-rehirable prior to that. Someone there may remember you though.

how long did you work for Target? When Target updated their hiring software, they lost the ability to auto-reject anyone who was non-rehirable prior to that. Someone there may remember you though.
A year.

It’s a different store I am applying to if that makes a difference.

Apply. Your chances are good. Hours fluctuate at Target based on sales, but hours can be picked up.
I already did and they emailed me asking for a interview so I set one up for this week.

Apply. Your chances are good. Hours fluctuate at Target based on sales, but hours can be picked up.
Also, they will see that I was terminated for a NCNS right?

Bc I just read about someone who was rehired but they did not know they were non-rehireable so they fired them after rehiring them.

I just don’t want much of a chance of that happening.

Be completely honest at the interview. Good luck!
I plan to be, being honest pretty much works better then lying.

I admit I was young and dumb. I also should have been a better TM but I can’t change the past.

Another Target closer to my place called me...trying to call them back since I missed their call due to my current store’s power shutting off, had to put tarps over the cold stuff to try and save it. Yes I did come back on right after we finished wrapping it and putting ice on it.

And a third Target (the one I really wanna work at) emailed me to self schedule a interview!

Back