Archived Completely Confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSide

Green side?
Hello fellow breakroomers. How was your day today? Hopefully it wasn't a total shit show like mine was! Or at least, I hope you didn't deal with an asshole guest like I did today.

I offered to ring up a guest in electronics who was buying some sodas amongst other things. As I was ringing up his items he said, "Oh and I'm not buying these sodas here I'm gonna buy them up front so don't ring me up for those because I'm paying up front just ring up this stuff."
I replied, "Ok. I CAN ring you up for all of them here if you'd like."
He raises his voice and sates, "I SAID I'M PAYING UP FRONT THAT'S WHAT I SAID. MY WIFE HAS OTHER THINGS UP THERE SO I'M PAYING FOR THE SODAS UP THERE THAT'S WHY I SAID IT."
His rudeness didn't really get to me at the point. I replied, "Ok. That's fine."
"EXCUSE ME?"
"I said ok, that's fine"
"YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT IS, BECAUSE I'M THE CUSTOMER."
"Right, do whatever you'd like."
"EXCUSE ME? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"
"...I'm sorry? No, it's fine you do whatever you'd like to do."
"YOU ARE SUCH A SMART ASS.I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS."
"No, err.. I'm sorry, uhm..I'm not...err"
Now while I count his money he demands, "GIVE ME THE DOLLAR."
Handing over the dollar, I said, "ok got some change?"
"OH YOU'RE SMART!"
"..."
"YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT YOU TO RING UP MY SODAS."
He then got on his phone and started complaining very loudly about me to his wife, cussing and calling my name out several times. I took his money, handed him his reciept and watched him leave. Then he was back.

The man came back inquiring about his missing receipt. He misplaced it and was wondering if he left it at the counter. But he had rushed up there so abruptly after I rung up another guest that I for got to hand the last guest her receipt. Then I couldn't get away from him to get the receipt to her. When I finally excused myself to chase her down, he followed me while yelling about how this was proof that I had forgotten or lost HIS receipt. I offered to pull video to see where the missing receipt had gone to but he declined very insistently. And left very angry. Then he was back

His third visit in the store was at guest service to return all of his recently purchased items, WITH A RECEIPT. WTF.

I'm sorry you had to put up with that shit.
In a perfect world it would be possible to tag someone like that with a special tag that only retail and restaurant workers could see.
It would flash and say "WARNING, RUDE DOUCHE-BAG. CALL A MANAGER IMMEDIATELY!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back