Archived Compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aim for Lunch after 4 hours. Not required to take it till just before 6th, but for the most part we aim to keep everyone breaks and lunches equidistant.

The people here are pretty much wrong when it comes to "Falsifying paperwork." to avoid compliance.

There's absolutely no way to prove you "Falsified Paper" when doing a punch correction to avoid going on compliance. That's because there is no way to prove you didn't forget to clock out. If it's something like putting in hours for a day you call out then yes, you can be caught. But "forgetting" to clock out to avoid compliance is something they can't do anything about unless you tell them yourselves. It's the reason I never understood how people ever went into compliance by a few minutes.

Just enter wrong punch, or don't punch out at all and fix it later.

The people here are pretty much wrong when it comes to "Falsifying paperwork." to avoid compliance.

There's absolutely no way to prove you "Falsified Paper" when doing a punch correction to avoid going on compliance. That's because there is no way to prove you didn't forget to clock out. If it's something like putting in hours for a day you call out then yes, you can be caught. But "forgetting" to clock out to avoid compliance is something they can't do anything about unless you tell them yourselves. It's the reason I never understood how people ever went into compliance by a few minutes.

Just enter wrong punch, or don't punch out at all and fix it later.

Look the odds are you will probably get away with it once.
Unless they are out to get you fired and are watching you, then forget it you're toast.

But most people figure, hey I got away with it once so...
It's the second time or third where you will get nailed.
I'm sorry, it just isn't worth the risk.

Well it's different if you're doing it every other day. but my post is mostly directed at people who hit it once and a while and fret over it for days. I mean, if you're hitting it every other day, that's an entire different problem

There's absolutely no way to prove you "Falsified Paper" when doing a punch correction to avoid going on compliance.

Clearly. Not a single camera in the whole fucking store.

Oh. Wait.

It's very easy to prove when someone took their break.

There's absolutely no way to prove you "Falsified Paper" when doing a punch correction to avoid going on compliance.

Oh. Wait.

Cameras?! You can't be serious?!

Seriously, don't try to skip out and lie about it. Better to make your mistake, fess up, and then try not to do it again. Otherwise, you're risking exposure for your lies. And yes, they can figure it out.

If you know you'll be late for your meal, do an end meal rather than a begin. Then take your 30 and go back to work. Then say you forgot to begin meal punch
A Sr. Tl did this at my store and was terminated. Funny thing is the STL was the one who told her to do that...

Well my hr etl just told me she can't give me my ca for compliance :) bcuz she never physically came to me n ask me to punch so I'm off the hook but it's not like she didn't try. I feel like their all out to get me

Oh. Wait.

Seriously, don't try to skip out and lie about it. Better to make your mistake, fess up, and then try not to do it again. Otherwise, you're risking exposure for your lies. And yes, they can figure it out.
If you think that the your HR or ETL is going to take your punch correction out of the hundreds they get a week, then go to AP (the only ones that can check cameras btw) to try to pinpoint the exact time you took a break, to prove you took a lunch a little late, and in turn getting them fined, and you possibly fired costing the store even more money to hire, drug test and train a new tm, you got a another thing coming.

If it was a one time thing, most people would sweep it under rug.

I mean, if management absolutely hated you, then sure that could happen, but you were probably a shit worker to begin with and needed to be fired for them to go through all that.

Oh. Wait.

If you think that the your HR or ETL is going to take your punch correction out of the hundreds they get a week, then go to AP (the only ones that can check cameras btw) to try to pinpoint the exact time you took a break, to prove you took a lunch a little late, and in turn getting them fined, and you possibly fired costing the store even more money to hire, drug test and train a new tm, you got a another thing coming.

If it was a one time thing, most people would sweep it under rug.

I mean, if management absolutely hated you, then sure that could happen, but you were probably a shit worker to begin with and needed to be fired for them to go through all that.

I'm not saying that they would bother with every single case, only that the possibility is always there. I have an AP-ETL who just loves to catch anything wrong, and he's pretty good at it. It's more a word of caution, I guess.

Well my hr etl just told me she can't give me my ca for compliance :) bcuz she never physically came to me n ask me to punch so I'm off the hook but it's not like she didn't try. I feel like their all out to get me

Uhh, what? You don't need to be told to punch out to know you're supposed to do it.

No way they're out to get you. If they were, CA first time, final second time.

Uhh, what? You don't need to be told to punch out to know you're supposed to do it.

No way they're out to get you. If they were, CA first time, final second time.
Well idk that's what she told me. First time she said I was getting a ca after next day she said she couldn't give it to me I was off the hook. I think she really couldn't for some reason .. I'm just glad I didn't get it I set an alarm on my cell 5 hours it won't happen again. It's silly to get s write up for something so simple

HR at my store is strict on compliance, but they also genuinely try to help those that hit it. They told us who were on the floor that since you are being afforded the courtesy of taking your breaks and lunch whenever you want, as opposed to the grid break schedule, you are responsible for not hitting compliance. At orientation, they went over a few tips:

Give yourself a 15-minute cushion to get to the timeclock for: Clocking out for lunch, clocking back in, and clocking out. This way you have insurance if you get stopped or if there is a line. (This may seem excessive at first but as someone who has hit compliance, leaders would rather you wait at the timeclock for 10 minutes than hit compliance by even 10 seconds.)
Like @New~gstl said, set an alarm on your myDevice or personal phone to alert you when you're getting close to hitting compliance.
The store and whatever you were doing will still be here in 45 minutes. Tell the LOD that you were unable to finish x task and you have to go before you hit your 5th or 6th hour.
If your position requires coverage, ask the LOD for it well in advance, and ask them again every 15 minutes until you get an answer. If you don't get an answer by the time you're about to hit compliance, just tell the LOD you're leaving now or you'll hit compliance, and then they have to either find someone to cover you right then or do it themselves.

If your position requires coverage, ask the LOD for it well in advance, and ask them again every 15 minutes until you get an answer. If you don't get an answer by the time you're about to hit compliance, just tell the LOD you're leaving now or you'll hit compliance, and then they have to either find someone to cover you right then or do it themselves.

This. This is the one time you can walk off the floor and ignore everything and HR will have your back. "HR-ETL I called every 15min until I had no choice but to walk off the floor, the LOD knew I had to go."

Again the world will not end cause you had to go take your lunch. Their failure to schedule is not your responsibility.

This. I have this under the Reminders app on my iPhone. Though I was thinking about setting them up on my myDevice since I have it in my hand most of the time. Though by now it's etched into my routine, but if I'm busy and not paying attention to the time, it's nice to get alerted. image.jpg

what do I do, if say an ETL continually wanted me to stay and finish a section of store
making me clock out 30 minutes past 5 without taking lunch?
is it my fault?
Yeah, kind of. As a TM in logistics, nobody is going to walk around with a break schedule and tell you when to take your breaks. You are expected to make time for them and let the TL/ETL know if they ask you to do a task that will take enough time to put you in compliance.

The way I explain it to my team: Breaks are an OSHA requirement. Do do not feel bad for putting any tasks or projects behind, you need to comply with (insert state) labor laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back