Consequences to calling out?

What are the consequences to calling out? I know that it is ASANTS, just trying to figure out the gist of what to expect. The last time I missed a shift was almost 5 years ago. It was a NCNS (Sunday and I read my schedule wrong). For that I got a write up and 6mos probation.

This time, I had a time off request get auto denied. I’m actively trying to get it covered (asking around) but it’s not looking promising. And this is an out of town event that I really don’t want to miss. So calling out might be my last available option.

For calling out an 8am shift, should I do it the day/night before? When is best?

What are the consequences to calling out? I know that it is ASANTS, just trying to figure out the gist of what to expect. The last time I missed a shift was almost 5 years ago. It was a NCNS (Sunday and I read my schedule wrong). For that I got a write up and 6mos probation.

This time, I had a time off request get auto denied. I’m actively trying to get it covered (asking around) but it’s not looking promising. And this is an out of town event that I really don’t want to miss. So calling out might be my last available option.

For calling out an 8am shift, should I do it the day/night before? When is best?
If you’ve worked there 5 years you shouldn’t need to ask. You’ve seen others call out and continue to have a job…

Sometimes I would call at night to give them a chance to replace the shift and in the morning to make sure the closing or overnight ETL had communicated the call out to avoid any possibility of a NC/NS. Needless to say, communication can be dismal at Spot sometimes and it’s always good to CYA.
Can’t say what the consequences will be at your store, but one call out in five years would receive none at my store. Your leader may be ticked off and if they are particularly vindictive may retaliate later by cutting your hours, but most will just let it pass.
Spot needs to fix this auto-deny bs which just allows leadership to avoid their responsibilities at the time and leads to more problems for everyone down the road. Good luck and enjoy your event.😁

I usually post up my shift first.
If no one takes it, I'll call off the day before the shift starts

Make sure you tell your etl or tl when asking for a day off. If they know about it, they would of accepted. Don't wait till the last minute either.

If you really have to call out I'd call the night before and first thing in the morning when the store opens as soon as you can. That way you tell them twice so you don't get marked NCNS.

As far as consequences I know at my store if you call out once in a blue moon it's no big deal and you're fine. It's only when you call out a lot like multiple times a month that it becomes a problem.
If you can't fix your attendance at my store they fire you after so long of missing, but you have to call out like a lot for this to happen.

Back