COVID-19 Coronavirus LOA options?

Danny, if you are extending unpaid personal leave, your HR can do it. I think they can apply your sick/vacation time as well.

Has any taken an unpaid LOA and was able to receive unemployment? I got an email from Target benefits that said this...

"If you decide to continue your leave as an unpaid leave, you can choose to use any accrued time you may have, such as vacation, personal holiday or sick time. You may also be eligible for state unemployment benefits if you are on leave due to coronavirus related reasons. You can access usa.gov/unemployment for more information and to be directed to your state’s unemployment web site. Note, while on an unpaid leave of absence, you will be directly billed monthly for benefits, if enrolled."

I've never used unemployment benefits ever so I have no idea.
Have you tried filing for unemployment to see if you qualify while on an unpaid leave?

I filed earlier this week. I'm still waiting to see if I qualify. I was able to get all my sick time by contacting the benefits hotline. It took about a week though to get someone respond to my email. I'll let you know if I hear something from unemployment.

I filed earlier this week. I'm still waiting to see if I qualify. I was able to get all my sick time by contacting the benefits hotline. It took about a week though to get someone respond to my email. I'll let you know if I hear something from unemployment.
May god have mercy on your soul and your journey take less than a month.

I'm having trouble extending mine. I called my store last week and they said they'd take care of it. I noticed there was nothing new on the pay and benefits site so I called again 2 days ago, same response, and still nothing. I don't know what to do except keep calling, I can't go take care of it in person because I'm staying at my sister's in another town for the time being. I also don't want to be a pain in the ass by calling every day because I know things are extra chaotic right now and I'm not exactly their top priority. But yeah, how often should I be calling to get this taken care of?

Not yet, should I just call them on Monday? It's an unpaid personal leave. I'm a little confused about who handles what. At the least maybe they can reach out to my store though.

Try tomorrow, I think they work Saturday. And yes, a leave of 14 days or more would involve Pay & Benefits.

Any update? My Target is PEAKING on positive cases with 8 new positive cases in the past 5 days alone. My paid leave ends tomorrow and thinking of taking an unpaid leave.

I think the ball is rolling. I got something in the mail stating how much I'll get each week. I went online last week and did my first weekly check in. I haven't received money in my account yet but I really only filed 2 weeks ago. I'll let you know what happens. Be safe and do what's best for you! Good luck!

I think the ball is rolling. I got something in the mail stating how much I'll get each week. I went online last week and did my first weekly check in. I haven't received money in my account yet but I really only filed 2 weeks ago. I'll let you know what happens. Be safe and do what's best for you! Good luck!
What did you put as your reasons for needing unemployment when filing? I put leave of absence and then it wanted me to put a more detailed reason so I put health and now I am confused with some of the questions. I'm pregnant and have asthma and have some employees at my store being tested so I have chosen to continue unpaid leave after the paid one.

I would just email Target Pay and Benefits. They respond to emails pretty quick.

targetleaveandisability@reedgroup.com

Subject: Coronavirus - vulnerable LOA

I had to do that in March because my HR ETL was on LOA already and read on this forum that is the quickest way to do it.

Here is an edited version of what I sent.

I sent them a copy of my hospital discharge papers when I got them.

------------------------------------------------------
Name
Department
Target Store XXXX in Some City, Some State
Team Member #

LOA Start Date - March 22, 2020
LOA End Date - May 2, 2020 (Subject to Change)

Suffered heart attack morning of Sunday, March 22. I had a stent put it in and waiting to get the other one done.

I can provide you the name of my doctor and hospital.

Discharge Diagnosis was "XXXXXX"

Thank you.

Full Team Member Name
Home Email Address
Contact Phone Number

Well, I just got my first unemployment payment! So, it is possible to get unemployment if you take a voluntary unpaid leave. I'm in NJ.

Back