COVID-19 Coronavirus...

I don't understand this, someone explain it in little words. Since the alcohol isn't being drank then what is the problem in using it for sanitation?

Methanol, think of using the fuel that top fuel dragsters use as a hand sanitizer.. yeah no.. Toxic as all get out..

Don't forget to pull even the born basic from the TSC with the Red Labels..

We have a full pallet and another going for how much we had pull from the shelves..

Eh, methanol is more toxic than ethanol, but not hugely so. Methanol is often used as a denaturing agent for ethanol, and they're closely related, so I don't get why methanol is such a problem in a hand sanitizer. I mean, if the stuff is primarily composed of methanol and you're using a ton of it? I dunno, maybe.

Yes, if you drink it, that's bad, but...just don't drink it.

Eh, methanol is more toxic than ethanol, but not hugely so. Methanol is often used as a denaturing agent for ethanol, and they're closely related, so I don't get why methanol is such a problem in a hand sanitizer. I mean, if the stuff is primarily composed of methanol and you're using a ton of it? I dunno, maybe.

Yes, if you drink it, that's bad, but...just don't drink it.

If you understand the amounts we are going through, it could easily go beyond that safe threshold and if you like a lot of us have open paper cuts from boxes you absorb even more. And little kids you know as well as I do always go by "If a lot is good then a ungodly amount is better!" So you don't want them to get ahold of it.

2 TMs are self-quarantining due to close contact. It's going to be *fun* week for me as I wait for the COVID appointment and results.
I am not sure if I should be mad at leadership for not telling us and having to find out via other TMs.

Last edited:
I think they tell only if a tm actually gets it, not if they are exposed. You have to wait for an appointment to get a test?

Sick, sick people. And sad. There's no excuse for threatening someone's life, or lives of their families, because you don't like the truth.

I completely agree with Dr. Fauci, I've seen a very sad, selfish, and twisted side of humanity over this, and it's very disheartening and disturbing. People need to stop and look inside their souls, because their anger and fear are misplaced.

I think they tell only if a tm actually gets it, not if they are exposed. You have to wait for an appointment to get a test?
In my area, all testing locations require an appointment excluding one walk-in location. I thought the walk-in was closed but looks like they were open so I got tested. I want to self-quarantine as a precaution but HR already left for the day. I don't know if close contact is O.K. to go to work or for self-quarantine.

Last edited:
In my area, all testing locations require an appointment excluding one walk-in location. I thought the walk-in was closed but looks like they were open so I got tested. I want to self-quarantine as a precaution but HR already left for the day. I don't know if close contact is O.K. to go to work or for self-quarantine.

One of our TLs was in close contact with our latest positive case and she is still coming in to work. They may be leaving it up to you, what you feel comfortable doing.

Born Basic is back. I had to stop and read the ingredients. It's all good now. Here's to hoping no old bottles show up. These are 16 Oz going cheap! And there was lysol today. 🤯

Back