COVID-19 Corvid-19 and Target

I am surprised not! That major corporations do not have an immediate plan to put into effect when a possible epidemic may happen. If companies cared about people we would all ready know everything we would have to in case an infected person walked into a Target and spread the virus thru -out the store. Since you will be quarantined for awhile this makes this virus different from the flu. A worst case scenario is the lawyer in New York who infected multiple people just traveling. What if he stopped at a Target and bought a coffee paid cash and then roamed the store ? The health departments tracks him back after he is diagnosed as having the coronavirus and everyone at the store would be tested and quarantined. That would close a store. Now what about my store ? We do not even have cart wipes let alone a plan to combat a corvid-19 case. No one does !! It is a wait and see game and since my health could be compromised due to bad corporate decisions, that could severely damage Target's image and result in lawsuits. Why not be a leader in the business and institute some common and fair policies now in case of a worst case scenario. Or are they going to wait and see what happens if a Wal-Mart store gets hit first and see what the fall-out would be?

I am surprised not! That major corporations do not have an immediate plan to put into effect when a possible epidemic may happen. If companies cared about people we would all ready know everything we would have to in case an infected person walked into a Target and spread the virus thru -out the store. Since you will be quarantined for awhile this makes this virus different from the flu. A worst case scenario is the lawyer in New York who infected multiple people just traveling. What if he stopped at a Target and bought a coffee paid cash and then roamed the store ? The health departments tracks him back after he is diagnosed as having the coronavirus and everyone at the store would be tested and quarantined. That would close a store. Now what about my store ? We do not even have cart wipes let alone a plan to combat a corvid-19 case. No one does !! It is a wait and see game and since my health could be compromised due to bad corporate decisions, that could severely damage Target's image and result in lawsuits. Why not be a leader in the business and institute some common and fair policies now in case of a worst case scenario. Or are they going to wait and see what happens if a Wal-Mart store gets hit first and see what the fall-out would be?
There is. Just because your leaders aren’t communicating doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I had an hour long conference call with the district this week about plans and actions to take. We were told if anyone calls out for fear of corona virus it can’t count against them at least in our group. I would tell the team that part though or they would all call out

There is. Just because your leaders aren’t communicating doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I had an hour long conference call with the district this week about plans and actions to take. We were told if anyone calls out for fear of corona virus it can’t count against them at least in our group. I would tell the team that part though or they would all call out

I'm in a bad area for it. Usually when I call out sick, they try and get me to come in for part of the shift.

This time they were like "Yup. Stay home."

Our hr tm put out bags of Oreos in the break room. She was told by SD throw out opened bags and put the rest back on the shelf. She then went to snack aisle and got snack packs in little bags.

why dont you have cart wipes
no one orders them so no cart wipes. I do not know how long the virus can live on surfaces but in the past I have smelled some funky odors coming out of boxes so it would also be nice to have some gloves for unloading and opening boxes. Not to mention what some guests leave on the shelves .

We just have disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers in the equipment room , tsc and breakroom. We run out of it within 3-4 hours and then nothing for the rest of the day. Many people are sick as we have the flu season too in parallel. We had our first case reported in our state recently. I don’t see anyone discussing about what precautions need to be taken while at work.

no one orders them so no cart wipes. I do not know how long the virus can live on surfaces but in the past I have smelled some funky odors coming out of boxes so it would also be nice to have some gloves for unloading and opening boxes. Not to mention what some guests leave on the shelves .
I recently saw blood stains on 3-4 boxes in my u-boat. May be someone cut themselves while unloading. But .. 🙄

Perhaps if a Target store did shut down due to the virus and quarantined people they might have to re think the unload and stocking protocols and go back to doing things when the store is closed. That would be sweet !

your store sucks ass

Viruses can live hours to days on hard surfaces, usually. I haven't seen anything yet specifically on coronavirus.

I saw an article, I think the CDC site, they think it will likely have a span similar to SARS which was (don't remember exactly) half a week to 9 days. It said that COVID-19 will likely be fragile to cleaners like SARS and half the cold viruses are because of how a coronavirus is physically composed.

I saw an article, I think the CDC site, they think it will likely have a span similar to SARS which was (don't remember exactly) half a week to 9 days. It said that COVID-19 will likely be fragile to cleaners like SARS and half the cold viruses are because of how a coronavirus is physically composed.
Considering CDC fucked up their primers for Covid-19 (a literal PCR-101 thing), dunno if they're the best source of info.

Back