Archived Could these count as khaki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on my 4th pair of khakis in 6 months because apparently, pant manufactuers don't think real people's thighs touch.

I picked up a pair of khakis last night, but to be honest, they look a bit dark and I'm not sure if they count as khakis, even though the tag claimed they are.

View attachment PA170273.JPG

I've seen many of the flow team and backroom TMs wearing this shade of khaki but I don't know if someone on the salesfloor like me is going to be able to pass.

Depends on your ETLs.
Mine would be fine with it.
Like you said, we have plenty of backroom crew who wear them and many of our specialty team and floor people do to.
But I've heard about stores where they get snotty about shade.
You can only wear them and see what happens.

Oh yea, welcome to The Break Room.

Would be fine at my store. Hell, people wear PINK shirts and a cashier wears a too-short-for-her-age skirt to work and no one says anything -_____-
Yet I wear a red shirt with a 2 inch thick strap down each side and I get pulled in an office for dress code.

But yeah, it should be fine but like commie said, it all depends on your store.

Also, sometimes ETL's will let you wear certain things but will suggest that on visit days, you don't wear them.

I would consider them to be khaki, but I've worked for some extremely nit-picky managers who would be completely flustered by a slightly-darker shade like that. Maybe you should ask your team leader, just to be sure.

I would consider them to be khaki, but I've worked for some extremely nit-picky managers who would be completely flustered by a slightly-darker shade like that. Maybe you should ask your team leader, just to be sure.

I've always found with Spot that it's best to beg forgiveness than to ask permission.
If there is any kind of grey area the E's will jump down on the no side.

yea those are fine, i always wear black pants to work, and ive seen salesfloor TMs wear brown pants before, so that kind of shade is definitly ok

If you want to drive them nuts, just show them in the handbook where it says solid color pants "preferably khaki."

I should totally do that.

Plus, my perception of color is a bit off for the colors of red and light browns, so it's hilarious that I work at Target. Everyone looks like they're wearing green tops and dark brown bottoms. So, these pants actually look almost black to me, so that's why I'm a bit worried I might get called in to the office, haha.

Would be fine at my store. Hell, people wear PINK shirts and a cashier wears a too-short-for-her-age skirt to work and no one says anything -_____-
Yet I wear a red shirt with a 2 inch thick strap down each side and I get pulled in an office for dress code.

During my work experience (at other places; I haven't started at Target yet), I've found that these sorts of things depend on 1) who you are, or who you know, and 2) random luck. Some people go through jobs without anyone ever telling them that they can't wear this or that. At one of my old jobs, no one ever got around to telling some of us to wear a collared white shirt rather than a white t-shirt. Other people couldn't come to work in a non-collared shirt without it being pointed out.

They would fly at my store no problem, but like others have pointed out, some stores are so much more nit picky. We also tell new hires in orientation that as long as you wear a red sweatshirt, sweater, or vest, wear whatever color you'd like underneath. We've got all sorts of shades of everything happening at my store. My favorite pair of "khakis" is really more of a gray color. BUT, I bought them at Target, and TARGET themselves calls the color khaki, so how can they possibly dispute that?? ;-)

And yes, the handbook DOES say "solid colored pants, PREFERABLY KHAKI". Bahaha.

I'm on my 4th pair of khakis in 6 months because apparently, pant manufactuers don't think real people's thighs touch.

I picked up a pair of khakis last night, but to be honest, they look a bit dark and I'm not sure if they count as khakis, even though the tag claimed they are.

View attachment 257

I've seen many of the flow team and backroom TMs wearing this shade of khaki but I don't know if someone on the salesfloor like me is going to be able to pass.

I've worn darker than that (bought the pure energy from Target) and no one said anything. We had a girl that wore a gray shade of khaki and numerous non cart attendants got away with shorts.
It was a big craze for awhile in my store to wear red tank tops over any color and it just looked bad. The TMs looked like they didn't work there hardly and the choices of the non red top were just...ugh.
I also knew a lot of female TMs that dressed up...ha, the last two years I was there, it was t-shirts, hoodies, and sneakers for me!
We did send home a brand new TM who wore black pants and I really wanted to point that solid color thing in the handbook.
Khakis were one of the worst things about Target for me. They got dirty too easily, they're not comfortable, and I had the same issue: they rubbed out too soon. I'm also a plus sized girl so not a lot of Target pants fit me. I spent way too much on khakis that didn't last. When I wore jeans on overnights, I didn't have that problem. I wore black dress pants at my other job and didn't have that problem. Khakis are the bane of my existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back