Covid-winter coats

I’m just curious what your stores are doing for tm coats with covid? Anything special? It’s starting to get cold here and I wonder if I should leave my coat in my car.

We have one four foot rack to hang coats for the entire store and it's 2/3rds full with stuff people haven't taken home at 5am every morning. So, I keep mine in the OPU supply closet since I "own" that area anyway.

Ours are wiped periodically atleast during this covid times . Also hr checks every other day for trash and stuff by opening all closed ones too .

TMs were reserving certain lockers by closing them and re-locking them for when they are in next. Well, our SD had a TM who couldn’t remember what locker they used to get their belongings at the end of their shift. The SD ended up opening multiple lockers that were empty and asked why. They were told that is how TMs reserve certain lockers. The next day signs were up that said they are company property and are not to be reserved, and at the end of each day they would be opened and any food would be thrown out and personal property taken to the ETL-HR’s office.

Yeah, we've had signs on our lockers saying they can't be reserved. We don't have enough for that, not by a long shot.

I don't know if they actually do go in and open them up, as they probably don't bother as long as they're not being overly reserved.

I’m not bringing my coat in the store. Luckily the store has an underground parking garage, it isn’t heated though unfortunately.

What do coats have to do with covid?
Having a common area where everyone hangs their coats together might be a concern for some people. I take my coat with me and store it in a secure location off the sales floor.

I looked online to see if clothing was truly a concern, and of course you get differing views. Some articles said clothes were a low risk, others said be careful, don't shake them out for fear of releasing virus into the air, etc. Bloody hell.

I figure we have been handling returns since March. I think we would have made a connection by now, maybe. I haven't seen anyone posted that corona went through the GS team.

It's the stupid scientists that want to say "maaaaaaybeeeeeeee" instead of giving clear and concise answers. A while back surface contamination was a concern but that seems to have disappeared as a concern after masks were pushed.

Insert semi-political grumbling, scientists are too used to working on limitless time and are sticking to methods that will take decades because it's do something 100 times, then 1000 more times then say "It held true. Let's move forward a quarter inch. No, I feel daring, 3/8 inch!" They aren't working on a time frame of daily deaths, they act like over a year isn't hardly a thing for time and won't admit over a year is plenty to know everything but future mutations, including exactly how it's passed and how it isn't passed, why some people get badly sick and others don't and how to switch a bad case to mild, and how long immunity lasts.

Back