COVID ?

StargazerOmega

Jack of All Trades - Front End
So, I tested positive for COVID today. I've notified my store already. I don't have to call the store each day do I? Just wait out the 5 days and come back if I test negative?

When I got COVID about two months ago, they just removed me from the schedule for the rest of that week.

I got covid this last Saturday. I told them I wouldn't be in for a couple days. So I didn't call Sunday, but then did use the app to call in on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I'm finally starting to feel human today. Hate the idea of going back on Black Friday for my first day back, but sometimes you just play with the cards you get.

I got covid this last Saturday. I told them I wouldn't be in for a couple days. So I didn't call Sunday, but then did use the app to call in on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I'm finally starting to feel human today. Hate the idea of going back on Black Friday for my first day back, but sometimes you just play with the cards you get.
Best of luck @bymoonlight! Glad your on the road to recovery.

Bumping for another question.

I'm starting to feel better, but I've still got a lingering hack. I'm eligible to return tomorrow, however with the cough still sounding pretty bad I don't think I should go in. The question is: It'll be day 4 in a row of CIS, should I get a doctor's note through Cirrus to be safe?

Concentrate on your health and put the note bullshit on the bench for now. Maybe you are allergic to something in your environment, your home, pets, foods? Did you take an antiviral? Have you tested negative lately? Temp? Sense of smell or taste decline?
Dr. Captain

I just tested positive and HR said we don't need to quarantine anymore. Apparently I can go to work and they recommend I wear a mask.

Obviously I'm not going to do that, but I feel fine. I'm just not going to work because I know this virus hits some people harder than others, no way I'm taking the chance of spreading it.

I just tested positive and HR said we don't need to quarantine anymore. Apparently I can go to work and they recommend I wear a mask.

Obviously I'm not going to do that, but I feel fine. I'm just not going to work because I know this virus hits some people harder than others, no way I'm taking the chance of spreading it.
Must be an ASANTS thing. My HRTL to me to do the 5 day quarantine (I did) and then mask for 5 days upon return. I'll continue to mask until the hacking has completely stopped, as I don't want to risk other people's health.

Must be an ASANTS thing. My HRTL to me to do the 5 day quarantine (I did) and then mask for 5 days upon return. I'll continue to mask until the hacking has completely stopped, as I don't want to risk other people's health.
Yeah I'm doing that too. If I have 2 consecutive negative tests, I'll return sooner. It sucks too because I just used a ton of sick time last month for another virus I had, but thankfully I still have around 30 combined hours of sick and emergency time off.

Stay home for 5 days and then go .

Don't think we've had a lot going around at my store, but my dentist's office has been pounded with it the last month. An appointment (just routine, nothing urgent thankfully) had to be rescheduled 3 times because so many of their staff have been getting covid.
I'm still masking - no covid or flu for me, thanks.

Definitely.

They said I have some emergency time off and I can use that, but mytime is only showing sick and vacation. Does anyone know how to use emergency time off? Paper form I assume?

Emergency time off went away when we all started accruing sick time. You could check your paystub to see if it shows any emergency time off, but I was under the impression if you didn't use before sick time became companywide, you lost it. I had 6 hours of emergency time before the change on my paystub and now I don't. Unless it's something only HR can key in......🤷🏻‍♀️

Emergency time off went away when we all started accruing sick time. You could check your paystub to see if it shows any emergency time off, but I was under the impression if you didn't use before sick time became companywide, you lost it. I had 6 hours of emergency time before the change on my paystub and now I don't. Unless it's something only HR can key in......🤷🏻‍♀️
I have about 14 hours of emergency time off left on my recent paystub

5 day quarantine still but it’s no longer paid.

5 day quarantine still but it’s no longer paid.
Got it. I spoke to two people, one yesterday and one today. One said come in with a mask if I want (which is reckless I think), the other said 5 days, which makes sense since that's what the CDC still says.

I have a fever, so I'm glad to be home now lol.

I luckily and carefully stayed healthy and never got Covid even though almost everyone in my family did and my mother passed away from it. I feel like I should get a 5 days paid bonus. 🤣

My condolences on your mother's passing.
Covid is a stone bitch.
I have coworkers who have permanent health problems from long covid.
One can't talk above a whisper because of the damage it did to her throat and larynx.
Everyone please stay home if you are sick.
Wear a mask if you think you might be sick.
I lost two friends before the vaccine and I've seen way too many people who have lost big chunks of their lives because of it.

Luckily I tested positive right before most of my symptoms really started, so I isolated right away. It hasn't spread to anyone on my household yet.

Back