Archived Creating a Personal MyDevice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add phaser.
Please, can we?! A quick and easy way to deal with problem guests and TMs alike! DTL visiting? He should take a "nap"! TM keeps coming over to chat with the newbie? He wasn't getting any work done anyway, zap him and stash him! We could even create a way to backstock people!

You could put it in the electronics stockroom.:)
True, that is a good idea. We actually have a spare battery charge terminal in there.
We actually had a room in the back by receiving where we had pda's only for BR. Lasted about a month when a SF tm saw a BR tm get one so he went in saw all the pdas and distributed them to SF -_- that was the end of that
We usually take 6 PDAs when we come in and keep the extras in the back so SF can't grab them. They usually grab them when they don't even need em. It's essential to our job but they still don't get it.

True, that is a good idea. We actually have a spare battery charge terminal in there.

We usually take 6 PDAs when we come in and keep the extras in the back so SF can't grab them. They usually grab them when they don't even need em. It's essential to our job but they still don't get it.
It is part of the sftm core rules to have equipment. Pda+walkie. It's on everyone's 90 day review. Can they do without? Maybe. But that's not the point here if they are pdas/myDevices sitting unused they could be utilizing.

It is part of the sftm core rules to have equipment. Pda+walkie. It's on everyone's 90 day review. Can they do without? Maybe. But that's not the point here if they are pdas/myDevices sitting unused they could be utilizing.

They need to be updated. Last I heard my devices are for salefloor and pda for backroom. That's why they got rid of lpdas:(.

They need to be updated. Last I heard my devices are for salefloor and pda for backroom. That's why they got rid of lpdas:(.
That was the idea, but after flow comes in at my store there are 11pdas out there plus at least 6 myDevices. Only two of which are tls.

As I expected... interfacing with the network would require some form of validation.

The reality is that I need district approval for a personal myDevice. I have sent an e-mail to the district approver via targets outlook system. Lets see what happens

My device is considered intellectual property of target. Your etl & stl should no to your request.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    872.9 KB · Views: 45
Yeah NO!

This isn't a mechanics or builders job where your tools are part of what you agree to provide and you are paid for using your own tools. These idiots provide you with tools and if they fail to do that, then you just don't do your job. They would rather be cheap than provide decent equipment.

There is no reason to have a personal my device. You having one isnt going to make you any more productive to your store. If you want to create your own I would just start looking for a new job now cuz spot will find out and will term your right away

Last edited:

shit.

We actually had a room in the back by receiving where we had pda's only for BR. Lasted about a month when a SF tm saw a BR tm get one so he went in saw all the pdas and distributed them to SF -_- that was the end of that
I have no idea how this happens in this day and age. Sales floor gets mydevices and that's it. They are not allowed to have pda's because those are exclusively for backroom. Unless there's a problem and all the devices are being serviced not 1 sales floor team member gets a PDA anymore. And if you have one and refuse to give it up when asked it's a coaching. We had all those problems with sales for team members we had all those problems with sales for team members taking them years ago so we put in a good system. They are all locked up at TSC except for the SFS equipment that gets locked away separately. You can't even take a blade in my store without signing it out.

This will get you termed. I understand not having a device available at the start of your shift. I do not use a mydevice, thank God, but I do hide my PDA throughout the week. If they are lucky I will take it to the equipment closet on Friday. I have a PDA that I like and works great. Don't mess with my PDA, people will get hurt!

If you're a TL you can just ask to keep one at your desk.
Wait, we TL's get desks?

Man, it must be nice....

In any case, I do believe a personal myDevice is impossible based on a mySupport request with an unusually helpful TM (Sheldon, you're the best!).

I will have to ask my STL to order a new myDevice for $500: one specifically for food service. Odd, I just ordered a hot dog steamer for $700 with no problem, but I suppose they don't expect me to make off with a hotdog steamer

There is no reason to have a personal my device. You having one isnt going to make you any more productive to your store. If you want to create your own I would just start looking for a new job now cuz spot will find out and will term your right away
Hi, I work at 1122. If there is a shady way of getting a personal myDevice, I will DO IT SPOT. I work food service and I am the only TL in that area.

Hmm, I'm not too worried

Odd, I just ordered a hot dog steamer for $700 with no problem, but I suppose they don't expect me to make off with a hotdog steamer
That hotdog steamer is going to make that money back as you likely won't with a mydevice. :p

Hi, I work at 1122. If there is a shady way of getting a personal myDevice, I will DO IT SPOT. I work food service and I am the only TL in that area.

Hmm, I'm not too worried
Now I now your store lmao. I'm coming for you hotdog steamer

Hi, I work at XXXX. If there is a shady way of getting a personal myDevice, I will DO IT SPOT. I work food service and I am the only TL in that area.
Hmm, I'm not too worried
I would be worried, now. Spot will find you & might have a chat with you. The comments here may be used against you.

Your store is only allow to have a certain amt of my devices. You used it twice a day, in the morning & when the store closes, in food ave.

Last edited:
I'm coming for you hotdog steamer
LOL
if you really care about your job you will respect the rules that come with it.
I have already had at least one investigation put on me. It was when I directly contacted the CRC to clarify and confirm how they handle electronic waste. I didn't use my spot sponsored outlook account and about a month later a nice gentleman politely told me to only use my target e-mail for such things.

Because I never got a clear answered, I continued to let my gstl peer override to destroy electronic items (so we can get our money back from the CRC!), creating pointless piles of electronic waste. Send the crying Indian to her house.

Sadly, this encounter has become emblematic of many of my dealings with Target headquarters: large expended efforts trying to resolve simple problems and receiving responses completely in tangent to my original questions.

In any case, I did actually receive a great response from CSC explaining why such a device was impossible.
if you don't have a myDevice then you have less responsibilities
I like doing stuff and accomplishing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back