Archived Cross Training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if it is necessary to wait until after your 90 days to be cross trained in other departments. I'm wondering because with the summer coming up I don't think I want to be cahsiering every single shift for eight hours. I would like to be cross trained in hardlines so that I can do a variety of things.

I don't see why not. Just keep at em about it!

I was just wondering if it is necessary to wait until after your 90 days to be cross trained in other departments. I'm wondering because with the summer coming up I don't think I want to be cahsiering every single shift for eight hours. I would like to be cross trained in hardlines so that I can do a variety of things.
Learn cashiering first, like red cards, & surveys. Be willing to help when called on or asked for starters. Smile a lot & be approachable.

Most of the time unless they are short handed in a department they aren't going to consider cross training someone until they hit that 90 day mark.
You can certainly make it clear that you are interested in cross training to there departments but you want to try not to make it sound like that's because you don't want to cashier.
Best to make it seem like you wan't to contribute to the store, that is a better chance of anything happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back