Archived Cross-trainings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've worked for 5 years and next winter will be my 6th year. I requested to be cross-trained last November for other positions in sales floor, guest service, and starbucks in order to be able to increase my knowledge in these fields. Based on my experiences in past jobs, I've worked on sales floor because of Old Navy, I've worked for Starbucks taking orders and making drinks for the customers under Bon Appetite company while working for Rathskellar at Gallaudet University. Starbucks on Gallaudet University was a day job since it closes at 3 pm everyday and Rathskeller is a pub cafe. In additional, I know guest service well enough since I learned to sort items by scanning them and putting them in the carts from number 1-8 and e and f. My current position in cashier has some similar guest service options such as return money due to double scan, wrong payment, and wrong price on the item. Plus for missed coupons, only need to scan the coupons then enter to give some cents or some dollars to guests.

In the past 5 years, I've kept asking to be cross-trained and nothing happens, I kept on transferring to other Target in the hopes of them giving me opportunity. This time, I decided to request for a transfer to other Target after all of us cashiers did the survey for the store. While doing the survey and answering questions, it mentioned they cross-trained 65 team members and asked us how we feel about our store's service. That hit me hard that they never bothered to communicate with me and to let me know what is going on. I answered that question with positive feedback and mentioned that I was happy they cross-trained these team members in order to give them opportunities and mentioned that I didn't get cross-trained to other positions which means not communicating with me.

I am now awaiting to see if the transfer is through this week or next week. Due to some good networks at the other store, I might as well be able to get cross-trained in these positions due to them opening doors for me to pick up is Starbucks after I get transferred as a cashier then to cross train me. Due to the current store am working at, I see the lack of the process of transfer.

Let's hope the transfer is through. I am still waiting for the ETO approval from my current store. The other store starbucks position is open but not cashier position. My current HR said that I still have to grab the cashier position at other store since I haven't been cross-trained for starbucks position yet. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back