Archived Crying at Target .... Good / Bad / ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spitfire is awesome. Unfortunately its no longer approved for everything. Spitfire > Hydrox > PERdiem.

Ohhhhhh, you'd be amazed at what degreaser can (& has) clean(ed) up.....

The only thing that I can't get degreaser to get up is ICEE stains... And that's when I whip out the Glass cleaner... :D

The Glass cleaner is loaded with Ammonia, and really cuts through the grease (sometimes better then the de-greaser ;) )

and when everything else fails, the stores secret stash of Goof Off & Clorox Cleanup comes in handy... ;)

Oh Yeah.. and I think "Spitfire" is the most powerful thing, if you could ignore the horrible smell.

:lol: Freudian slip?

Ohhhhhh, you'd be amazed at what degreaser can (& has) clean(ed) up.....

The only thing that I can't get degreaser to get up is ICEE stains... And that's when I whip out the Glass cleaner... :D

The Glass cleaner is loaded with Ammonia, and really cuts through the grease (sometimes better then the de-greaser ;) )

and when everything else fails, the stores secret stash of Goof Off & Clorox Cleanup comes in handy... ;)

Oh Yeah.. and I think "Spitfire" is the most powerful thing, if you could ignore the horrible smell.

:lol: Freudian slip?

http://www.goofoffstainremover.com/

My store is filled with drama. It's kinda hard to get close to anyone and reveal personal info as some of them who as pushing 40, like to use your problems as comedy. We talk horrible to each other and dress it up as just having fun. Sometimes I take it as fun and sometimes I wanna punch someone.

Crying is not manly? I live in Chicago. If you haven't done that living here, you will.

My coworker lost her best friend in a freak accident you probably heard about on the news starting yesterday and she didn't break down or show much emotion at all. I think she was a little off, but that's about it. Me, I would be hysterical. It's all a matter of your heredity and your upbringing.

I know right? I'm always amazed at parents that are on the news talking about losing a child.

I would be an blubbering, inconsolable mess........

I know right? I'm always amazed at parents that are on the news talking about losing a child.

I would be an blubbering, inconsolable mess........

I've lost so many family and close friends that it's easy to lock everything up and soldier on.
AS LONG AS I HAVE SOMETHING TO DO!
It's when I have to stand on the sidelines, with no way to help or contribute that I wind up cracking at the seams.
There are times when I suspect it might have been healthier for me to have just had a chance to loose it when my mom died instead of be the rock for everyone around me and then in good Irish tradition get fall down drunk but what did I know at 13?

I've cried twice.
Once during my 2nd month (November!) when I was helping in infant hardlines with car seats. I don't have a kid, I don't know anything about babies or car seats or any of that. And there was no one else on the floor to help me. I answered questions as best I could but the guests (3 adults) were annoyed. Then they asked for a car seat that was out of stock. I told them we have zero, zero on the floor or in the backroom. I showed them my PDA. They said quite loudly that I was lying and terrible at my job and that I was a "stupid f***ing teenager". So I went to the sorting room behind the fitting room and cried a little. Mostly due to anxiety. Now I can laugh when people get pissy at me.

Second time was in December when I was ~20-30 minutes late two days in a row. The first day was my fault as I'm great at locking myself out of the house. The second day was due to a flat tire. I talked to the LOD at the time and was explaining how I'm not trying to be late, I'm so sorry, I'm afraid I'll be let go (was hired as seasonal) and I really don't want to lose this job. I was terrified they'd fire me on the spot. He was super understanding and said not to worry and that sometimes sh!t happens.

I've cried twice, both off stage. The first time was like my second week on the job (cashier) and a glass lamp base slipped out of my hands and shattered. I had lost my previous job due to an accident that they viewed as my fault a little over a month prior, so I automatically assumed I would be fired. I hid in the basically-abandoned stairwell past the ETL offices for 15 minutes. The second time was when my GSTL at the time started seriously ripping into me for things that weren't my fault for several straight shifts. The conference room came in quite handy on my lunch break for that one.

Hi Cdreed25, welcome to the Break Room.

Just a heads up, you probably don't want to put your store # or town in your location.
We try to be anonymous round heres cause old Spot aint taken too kindly towards some of the topics we likes to speechafiy about.

I have yet to cry, but I teared up once. It was a busy Saturday, and I was collecting hangers. I was collecting a basket of hangers from one of the cashiers, and neither of us were paying attention and he whacks me in the head with a case of water. My eyes started to water, but just from the shock of it. We both just laughed it off.

I have yet to cry, but I teared up once. It was a busy Saturday, and I was collecting hangers. I was collecting a basket of hangers from one of the cashiers, and neither of us were paying attention and he whacks me in the head with a case of water. My eyes started to water, but just from the shock of it. We both just laughed it off.
Ouch!

Target often makes me wanna cry. It also makes me want to scream and punch things and kill myself. I hate Target.

It's really not worth your hate.
Certainly not worth killing yourself.
They've done a great job of depressing the hell out of me but I have to keep telling myself it just isn't worth it and move on.
If you need to scream and punch things, it's good for you.
If you need an ear feel free to PM me.
The nice thing about The Break Room is we back each other up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back