Archived cutting hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
my store has recently cut many hours because we are about 280 over pay for budget and a EVERYBODYS hours are getting cut. i just started working here in oct. but i need this job to pay my bills but i am afraid it i will not be abel to because of hours being cut. i cant say any thing about getting more hours because im at the low end of the todom pole i would like 2 job but i dont have set hours yet im still in my 90 days will this change after my 90 days?

my store has recently cut many hours because we are about 280 over pay for budget and a EVERYBODYS hours are getting cut. i just started working here in oct. but i need this job to pay my bills but i am afraid it i will not be abel to because of hours being cut. i cant say any thing about getting more hours because im at the low end of the todom pole i would like 2 job but i dont have set hours yet im still in my 90 days will this change after my 90 days?

Hours getting cut isn't personal, and each store is responsible to make their goals by year end. If sales are down, they'll cut some hours until it picks up.

Especially since you said it's everyone, don't take it personally.

You can still offer to pick up shifts, learn other areas, etc.

And no, at 90 days there won't be a change. At that point, hours will be slim anyway. And there's no guarantee of hours whether you're past your 90 or not.

Again, learn, ask questions, offer to work.

Welcome to retail.

Yeah just wait until after X-mas and Target again fails to make sales then things get real ugly. Sadly Target is not the company it once was when 4qt was a time for lots of hours and crushing forcasts. I remember when it was pretty much mandatory for TLs to work 6 days a week with lots of OT. Those days are long dead.

At my store there is an abundance of hours, there always are this time of year. However the OT isn't being given out as freely this year as in previous. I have 45 hours this week, when I know I had 50 last year this same time.

Target used to be a guaranteed set of 40 hour weeks during the holidays. My last 3 years (w/ full availablity) I only got 20 hours before grabbing extra shifts from swap shift board, call outs, or seasonal fires.

wow, our store made payroll by 480 hours this month and that was with us telling every team member that if they wanted more hours to just ask because we were extending everyone's hours for extra coverage. TL's and more experienced TM's all have had OT for the past 4 weeks. I'm scheduled to work 62 hours this week. We shall see how i feel once friday hits!

Yep our store cut some hrs just after Thanksgiving and the newbies got all shocked saying what happened??? I thought we would have more hrs!! I felt like saying heh it's been like that for awhile now but I kept my mouth shut lol

costco-quote.jpg

Attachments

• Costco-Vs-Walmart-Pay (1).jpg
    Costco-Vs-Walmart-Pay (1).jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 105
I knew it was coming, but it couldn't come at a worse time. Right now is when I need money the most. The fact of the matter is, the company isn't doing well, and that's compounded by the fact that some people in the company haven't been making the best decisions. We brought on way more seasonal people than we need. The extra cashiers are appreciated, but salesfloor's awash with unnecessary seasonal people. Why target decided that this amount of seasonal hires was desirable is unfathomable to me. They knew the third quarter was going to blow. They experienced it blowing as it blew. Now they've got to cut spending to make it seem as though they're financially ok, and the easiest way to do that is by slashing payroll. Of course when they do this, the store then breaks down, as it did earlier in the year when they pulled the same financial magic trick. The shelves are going to look like crap, guests aren't going to be able to find anybody to assist them, and then corporate's going to scratch their heads wondering why our guest survey scores are in the toilet again. It is possible to do more with less, provided everyone gets good hours. Now we're going to end up doing less effective work, with a ton more seasonal people.

i have check the swap board ect. but i guess hopefully i can get my hours changed and find another job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back