Archived D-code video games

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 100's of d-code video games. They cannot be backstocked at my store. I'm talking sports games from 2010 & PSP games. I sent report to my support NOP scan issues for them to research & markdown. (That's what TL told me to do) My support response--- they created a pog for short endcap for games. Seriously over 100 games. Then they won't be by "brand" face forward & labeled even if we could fit them. Any suggestions?

Your ETL (or the ETL who oversees Price Accuracy) can send up a request to MySupport to have the items placed on a markdown program...all they will need to do is have the DPCI and the OH counts for each item. I have done this for clothing as well as items that have been Discontinued NOP and were never placed on a markdown program.

You can do the back room quantity report & flew th games in to empty slots. Make sure that you tell pa what are doing. We used the pa label holders over the out so stock games to communicate that is flex item.

BUT seriously why is my support not marking them down??? Again they are like from 2010 & 2011 PLUS PSP games which I don't even think the system is even made anymore

We mysupported the same issue and were told that some diode games will never go clearance. And we're talking mlb 2k7.

sigma7 we sent to my support & was told put on endcap (150 games front facing HA) you got me beat my oldest sport from 2010

Yeah D-Code games are an issue at my store too....

When I first started, we were to purge ALL D-Code games without question. Just make it work. We would set up sometimes two endcaps full of d-code games that would never sell, never go back on a return scan, never go on clearance. Problem there was that we would lose back endcaps needed for sales planners. Then we would have to combine two sales planners on one EC, which looked out of place half the time. Some of the games used to go back on return scans, or go salvage, but for some reason they stopped! Now they just sit there.

So last year I started using every inch of space in the game cases, because I wanted to set all sales planners to plannogram. Flexing double spaced games, seceond locations, other d-code spots, and we even set up a bunch of sidecaps. Problem there was then the sidecaps for the store were tied up. Finally our TL threw in the towel, and our ETL just gave us the go-ahead after Christmas to just backstock the majority of the D-code games and flex out as needed. We explained to him the situation, and he ok'd it. While it makes it a tad easier, it does make the detail report look like garbage, we have to sift through tons of 207 d-code to find the other depts. So annoying.

That back endcap where the Wii used to be? A bandaid IMHO.... not gonna solve the underlying issue.

Not sure if this would be best practice or not, but isn't there an option in RF APPS to make a barcode sticker w/price? You could just flex them into clearance endcaps then....

I did do it for a few D-Code things that kept coming up to Guest Service.

We printed tickets and put them on a back endcap using entertainment shelves. They are bookended and it looks neat, but way too crowded. And still, barely anything sells.

Yeah, that endcap for video games was crazy lame. Our store really focused on flexing the d-code games either into the value wall for video games or in the empty facings in their respective game aisles. We also used endcaps to flex them out. We sold through almost all of them. People will buy it if they see them, since most of the d code or nop games are 19.99 or less.

/cough we still had two ps2 games, like 2011 sports games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back