Archived DC Interviewee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I wonder if some of you guys could answer some questions for me to help ease my mind. Thanks in advance. I recently applied for a position as a warehouse worker at a distribution center and received a referral from a fifteen year inside veteran that i work with at another part time job. I interviewed today and was interviewed by one person while many, if not all of the other prospects were interviewed by two people. What does that mean? And even more important, I was told after the intereview by the person interviewing me that they would give me a call in the next couple of days. This person was the same person that was given my name by the guy referring me, and I kind of felt like the interview went well, but I thought that they interviewed people twice in a row if the were going to hire you. So naturally I'm a little worried. Please help.

Thanks for reading Hardlinesmaster, but the thread you suggested doesn't address any of my concerns. I appreciate the attempt.

The interviewing procedures for store positions changed last year, DCs may have too. Before, you would have two interviews in-store. Now, the first interview is by phone and if you pass, you get called in for a second interview. But that's for stores - I'm not sure how they do things in the DCs.

Greenshirt, trowa, et al, a little help here?

No idea, we haven't hired in three years. When I got hired on it was online app, then called in for an interview, hired on the spot. It was the same way for me in the store too. In the RDC's I cant see them wasting time with a phone interview and an in person interview with how many people they hire at a time. Also I had two people interview me as well, but I think others said they had just one. If they didn't hire you on the spot I would say you probably didn't get the job, but they may want you around as a seasonal.

Good luck.

My guy told me today that he was called after the interview, so maybe I will get a call. I sure hope so, because there aren't many companies as good to work for as Target.

much like Trowa, i had a phone interview and then a in person interview followed about 3-5 minutes later with a job offer( might not have been that long i didn't even leave the property before i had the offer) A lot depends on what level of position you applied for

They sent me an email three days later that said thank you for applying, we are unable to offer you a position at this time. Im going to keep applying and interviewing until I get the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back