DC Job Change

So I went from packing for a year to break pack a little over a month ago and they still have me packing. I've done some feeding on 5 different occasions and have been trained for cart in air only once since I've made the switch. Is it normal to keep working in your old department when you've made a job change? The whole reason I went to break pack was because I wanted to get away from packing. I do like feeding and I like to Pick but they have me packing all the time!

Yes I understand that but it ticks me off when they constantly hire new breakpack people and packers yet I'm still stuck in the same spot. I guess I'll try and change shifts and see how that works out! I just feel like I'll be put in a bad spot when one day I get asked to work cart in air and I'm not properly trained for it still.

Yes I understand that but it ticks me off when they constantly hire new breakpack people and packers yet I'm still stuck in the same spot. I guess I'll try and change shifts and see how that works out! I just feel like I'll be put in a bad spot when one day I get asked to work cart in air and I'm not properly trained for it still.
I don’t think you can shift change for a while since you just changed departments. Also, changing keys won’t stop them from farming you out to packing. It’s not like they won’t know you are cross trained.

don’t get mad, just remember you make more than them for doing the same job.

That's just how it works.

They are short packers so they use you. Happens to alot of people when they switch departments. Until they get replacements up to speed.

Everyone gets dicked around and flexed out. It's gonna happen alot so get used to it.
Could be worse, you could be thrown in the lanes in outbound.

They may hire people but how many last? Or can do the job

Back