Archived DC logistics to stores - grad school paper assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on a grad school paper and don't know anything about the DC process to stores; I thought this would be a convenient forum to collect feedback for writing my business paper. The process I'm studying is the amount of time it would take for a Target guest to order a product online or in-store, and have the product delivered to a store location. I have to break down the steps and find ways to conceptually improve the process. Any help is appreciated - you can reply with the Question # for ease of tracking responses. I'll be collecting responses through 7/28.

Q1: Once a customer places an online or mobile order, how are the customer orders queued to your warehouse? Describe this process in as much detail as possible.

Q2: Can you describe all of the people (titles/positions, no names) involved in this particular process, and approximately the amount of time each step takes?

Q3: Once the customer order is queued to your warehouse, how are the customer orders picked in the warehouse? Describe this process in as much detail as possible.

Q4: Can you describe all of the people (titles/positions, no names) involved in this particular process, and approximately the amount of time each step takes?

Q5: Are all customer goods handled in the same manner, or do any specific goods go through a different process? If so, please explain in detail.

Q6: For the sake of calculating processing time, are customer orders processed by individual pieces of a single order, or an entire customer order?

Q7: Up to this point of the processes you have described, in your opinion, what standards are in place to ensure all processes and steps up this point are intended to be fail-safe?

Q8: Up to this point of the processes you have described, in your opinion, what challenges exist or what can be improved upon?

Q9: Can you describe any employee training and those time frames involved to ensure all processes and steps are followed and errors corrected?

Q10: Once the customer orders are picked, how are the customer orders sorted for shipment to a store location? Describe this process in as much detail as possible.

Q11: Can you describe all of the people (titles/positions, no names) involved in this particular process, and approximately the amount of time each step takes?

Q12: Once the customer orders are shipped to a store location, how are the orders received and organized at the store for customer pick-up? Describe this process in as much detail as possible.

Q13: Can you describe all of the people (titles/positions, no names) involved in this particular process, and approximately the amount of time each step takes?

Q14: Up to this point of the processes you have described, in your opinion, what standards are in place to ensure all processes and steps up this point are intended to be fail-safe?

Q15: Up to this point of the processes you have described, in your opinion, what challenges exist or what can be improved upon?

Q16: Can you describe any employee training and those time frames involved to ensure all processes and steps are followed and errors corrected?

Q17: Describe in as much detail as possible how the warehouse is laid out in order to receive new inventories.

Q18: Can you describe all of the steps and people (titles/positions, no names) involved in this particular process, and approximately the amount of time each step takes?

Q19: Can you describe the frequency and volume of these inbound shipments from suppliers or other DCs?

Q20: Describe in as much detail as possible how the warehouse is laid out to ship outgoing orders to stores?

Q21: Can you describe the frequency and volume of these outbound shipments to store locations?

Q22: Can you describe all of the steps and people (titles/positions, no names) involved in this particular process, and approximately the amount of time each step takes?

Q23: Up to this point of the processes you have described, in your opinion, what standards are in place to ensure all processes and steps up this point are intended to be fail-safe?

Q24: Considering Inbound and Outbound shipments and facility layout, in your opinion, what can be improved upon?

Q25: Can you describe any employee training and those time frames involved to ensure all processes and steps are followed and errors corrected?

Attachments

• Business Process Analysis.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 4
Oh my. I have no idea where to even start...I could quite literally write several books just to answer half of the questions...
All I'll say for now is the whole supply chain right now is undergoing major revamping, so even if I could give a succinct answer(s), it may not even be true in a few months.

I am a 21 year vet. I have worked in an RCD, UDC, import warehouse, fullfillment center, and stores. I could answer all those questions, but it would not be cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back