So our team got some new info about SFS. I havent been checking this thread for awhile but from what i understand we cant use pack01 anymore? Also something about filling up the first child location first begore going to another child location (as in use SHPAA01 until its full then use SHPAA02) because of a new process when printing out collates.

Does that mean we cant use single locations SHPZ** anymore?

So our team got some new info about SFS. I havent been checking this thread for awhile but from what i understand we cant use pack01 anymore? Also something about filling up the first child location first begore going to another child location (as in use SHPAA01 until its full then use SHPAA02) because of a new process when printing out collates.

Does that mean we cant use single locations SHPZ** anymore?
When you start using the Zebras for picking you won't need to scan/key in the pack station. The batch finishes and that's it.

You can still put stuff wherever you want in the cart, but as of right now you can't scan it into a flat or tub with a Z location. I think that part is a bug that is being worked on.

Printing collates requires you to use the Zebra to scan each tier of each cart to print out the collates for it.

Printing collates requires you to use the Zebra to scan each tier of each cart to print out the collates for it.
Honestly, this dropped today for us and it was one of the most frustrating changes to the process since I've started. I can't see how scanning each tier to print collates instead of auto printing every 30 mins would be more efficient. With the volume we're expected to have in Q4, how is it efficient to grab a single cart, scan the tier, wait for the slowest printer in the world to spit out all the collates for that tier, then finally pack it when I'm going to consistently have 30+ carts sitting in hold? I can see this being beneficial for regular SFS with less volume than us, but as one of the busier ESFS, this is legitimately going to kill our time. ._.

Honestly, this dropped today for us and it was one of the most frustrating changes to the process since I've started. I can't see how scanning each tier to print collates instead of auto printing every 30 mins would be more efficient. With the volume we're expected to have in Q4, how is it efficient to grab a single cart, scan the tier, wait for the slowest printer in the world to spit out all the collates for that tier, then finally pack it when I'm going to consistently have 30+ carts sitting in hold? I can see this being beneficial for regular SFS with less volume than us, but as one of the busier ESFS, this is legitimately going to kill our time. ._.
Well you can scan multiple cart locations without having to pack each one first. But they don't seem to print in order if you scan out multiple carts, so I'm not sure if it's easier to do it anyways and sort them or do one cart and wait for it to finish printing before scanning the next.

Did you get extra printers? You can scan the barcode on the printer you want to use

Yeah, I prolly should've worded it better lol. Today, I ended up scanning out each full cart one after another....This literally makes it like it was before with the extra step of scanning each tier. Adding this extra step is completely nonsensical. On top of that, if you miss a tier when doing this, you run the risk of having missing packs. Today, we had 2 orders in "Not Printed" because we used one of our Z locations (still works when using PDAs because our epick was pushed back till next month) These locations didn't even show up in manhattan so I had to scan carts until it popped up...

This literally makes it like it was before with the extra step of scanning each tier.
Exactly.

Although I wouldn't mind this if we had more printers so you could scan out your cart and just grab from your printer tray (we still just have one printer). But when everyone is sharing the same printer, it still makes the most sense to scan them out in advance.

When does rush orders stop dropping? We were told that it would stop at 330pm and we would get notified if a rush order dropped. Around 415pm, we noticed a “pick today, ship today” count under “Ship” that was not there at 330pm and was definitely not there at 2pm. I don’t think it was a rush order but won’t be able to know unless it’s collate is printed. Has this happened to anyone?

When does rush orders stop dropping? We were told that it would stop at 330pm and we would get notified if a rush order dropped. Around 415pm, we noticed a “pick today, ship today” count under “Ship” that was not there at 330pm and was definitely not there at 2pm. I don’t think it was a rush order but won’t be able to know unless it’s collate is printed. Has this happened to anyone?
If an order drops after 1pm your time like 1:20 then it is a rush order and rush order can drop anytime during the night... I had one drop at 7pm once....

Rush orders are due the same day only if they drop before 3pm (pacific, mountain, central time zones) or 4pm (eastern time zone). If it drops later than that it won't count against you.

Rush orders are due the same day only if they drop before 3pm (pacific, mountain, central time zones) or 4pm (eastern time zone). If it drops later than that it won't count against you.

Cool I can let our afternoon/evening person know this. We just kind of operate on check the que every half hour at least so nothing will ever sneak up on you. But this will lessen the panic of those late batches.

Ok. I spoke to CSC about it and they said they’ll look into why a batched dropped. Said it shouldn’t count against us but they’re not sure.
On the bright side, the pick on time goal is 95%, so as long as it was just one batch that week you'll probably still be green. And don't forget you can key in the pack station as soon as you finish.

It was only that batch for the week but we didn’t make green. 94.2% making us red. I swear all the other days were picked on time but I guess my TL will find out what happened.

My store didn't have any communication on the new collate printing process and it happened to show up at the best possible time when I was training two people in SFS. Ended up manually reprinting 50 collates until we saw the "Print/Pack" option so that was fun...

Quick question however, so say someone orders 2 items, you put item A into child location 01 and item B into child location 02. Then you scan it into the packing station, now when you go to print the child locations when you print out the collates for 01 that order is going to show up with both items in both locations, but say if I immediately go and print collates for 02, would it print the same collate that already printed for 01 or it will skip that order because it already knows you printed that collate from 01?

My store didn't have any communication on the new collate printing process and it happened to show up at the best possible time when I was training two people in SFS. Ended up manually reprinting 50 collates until we saw the "Print/Pack" option so that was fun...

Quick question however, so say someone orders 2 items, you put item A into child location 01 and item B into child location 02. Then you scan it into the packing station, now when you go to print the child locations when you print out the collates for 01 that order is going to show up with both items in both locations, but say if I immediately go and print collates for 02, would it print the same collate that already printed for 01 or it will skip that order because it already knows you printed that collate from 01?

No it does not duplicate, if you only had the split order in both and you print the second location it will tell you collates already printed. Cause we split locations all the time just for space issues on the three tier carts.

No it does not duplicate, if you only had the split order in both and you print the second location it will tell you collates already printed. Cause we split locations all the time just for space issues on the three tier carts.

Awesome! Thanks! That's what I was hoping for. I assume you can print them immediately (give or take a few minutes) after scanning the packing station?

Ok. I spoke to CSC about it and they said they’ll look into why a batched dropped. Said it shouldn’t count against us but they’re not sure.

It was only that batch for the week but we didn’t make green. 94.2% making us red. I swear all the other days were picked on time but I guess my TL will find out what happened.
What report are you looking at... if you are looking at the logistic report under performance that has RTS, pick on time, and fulfillment then the rush batch doesn't count..... the pick on time on that report is just for SPU/OPU

We have 30 new zebras just for SFS... we haven't had any updates yet tho on the pack and ship... but today I noticed that my zebra tells me the location of the items in the cart and another team members didnt.... as soon as they scaned a collate it showed the item pic ....no cart location.......

I finally got some information for this 4th quarter.... So we still have the pick time and pack time... however they want us to keep picking even after the 1pm deadline..... they are suppose to be sending clips (similar to push and backstock clips) one will say due today/pack today and the other will say due 2morrow that way u know which carts to pack first...... they also said the quicker you pick and pack the more orders you are going to get and if a store is getting slammed with orders and get behind then the system will send orders to another store .... So you can't fall behind... and they want 3 pickers to a packer

Received the clips today, must have too expensive to print anything on them as they are blank.

What report are you looking at... if you are looking at the logistic report under performance that has RTS, pick on time, and fulfillment then the rush batch doesn't count..... the pick on time on that report is just for SPU/OPU

Go to store reports->logistics section->not sure on wording but it's something like 'store level SFS report.' It'll open an excel document, just change your store number.

I’m looking at store reports<Flexible Fullfilment (maybe logistics?)< Ship from store - Store Level. Last week, we finished picking at 2:00:15pm on one day. @SFSFun said it’ll should still make us green for pick on time but didn’t, just shy of about 1% to making us green.
I’m referring to last week, and not the batch the dropped after 330pm yesterday.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks! That's what I was hoping for. I assume you can print them immediately (give or take a few minutes) after scanning the packing station?

You no longer scan pack station. Once batch is done you move onto the next... Then 30 mins later you can print collates

You no longer scan pack station. Once batch is done you move onto the next... Then 30 mins later you can print collates

This may depend on their stores situation. We do not have E-pick in my store yet, it was pushed back to next week. But as of yesterday we are using pack&ship to print the collates. So we scan the printer as usual with the pda after completing batches, to remove it from the batch list, and then after the wave we print the collates via the mydevice.

This may depend on their stores situation. We do not have E-pick in my store yet, it was pushed back to next week. But as of yesterday we are using pack&ship to print the collates. So we scan the printer as usual with the pda after completing batches, to remove it from the batch list, and then after the wave we print the collates via the mydevice.
This is pretty much what we're doing atm.

Cool I can let our afternoon/evening person know this. We just kind of operate on check the que every half hour at least so nothing will ever sneak up on you. But this will lessen the panic of those late batches.
If you're still using the PDA, it will automatically make a batch at 3:05pm for any rush orders sitting in there. Anything else that drops in doesn't need to be picked. If you're using ePick, turn on fulfillment alerts and it *should* alert you for every rush order that drops after 1pm.

It just goes with the location that's printed on the collate.

Orders still "wave" through the system every 30 minutes. So if collates used to print at 15 and 45 past the hour, that's the time when they will be available to print. The amount to be packed will increase when they are ready.

I’m looking at store reports<Flexible Fullfilment (maybe logistics?)< Ship from store - Store Level. Last week, we finished picking at 2:00:15pm on one day. @SFSFun said it’ll should still make us green for pick on time but didn’t, just shy of about 1% to making us green.
I’m referring to last week, and not the batch the dropped after 330pm yesterday.
Unless that single batch was over 5% of all units you had that week, it wouldn't have caused the score to go red. Under the picked on time score it should list how many units you had and how many met the goal. There is also a separate tab in the excel file that lists line-by-line each order that missed the pick goal and tells you what day, what time, and who picked it. You can look at that to see why you missed the goal.

I've left a couple of batches before when someone accidentally acknowledged a truck on a non-truck day and I needed items that were on the trailer. Our score was still green that week.

Back