It's really important to note that the item is subtracted from the on-hands when the order is received at your store. So zero on-hand means you'll have zero when you pick what's needed for the order. If you cancel it, the on-hands will increase again within a few minutes of the batch being finished.

Yeah I get that, it means to me we had one, which means I have no chance of actually finding it. And our Softlines is a damn mess.. Almost 20 carts of just clothing rammed down aisles of the softlines backroom, not counting the Z racks all in themain backroom from the breakout that was still happening at 1pm when the shit came off the truck at 4am.. It was pointless to try and find things.

Hey guys I need help with my printer.... for some reason it keeps switching back and forth between collate paper and regular paper.... when it ask for regular printer paper it prints another receipt with no shipping label... is anyone else having this problem?

We had a bunch of weird receipts print on regular paper (we keep regular in the secondary drawer) and CSC said the orders didn't exist so no idea.

Last edited:
Isn’t Flexible Fulfillment at the lower paygrade but still paid the job differential? Are we not getting the minimum + $0.50 ?

I asked my HR TL this question and he said no. Tried to explain the job differential as being for working nights (ie a shift differential). But i think he was either lying or is just dumb.

I would be very interested to know what others have been told.

I asked my HR TL this question and he said no. Tried to explain the job differential as being for working nights (ie a shift differential). But i think he was either lying or is just dumb.

I would be very interested to know what others have been told.
If that were the case, why would some jobs have differential and not all? I won’t say dumb, lying, or wrong, but perhaps unconfirmed. Spot may be a bit vague yet.

@mobilelady ... Is there any chance we can add an RFID button when picking to auto open checkpoint with that dpci rather then typing it in. Spent an hour and half today typing dpci's 3 times, once on floor and then two in stockroom.

Use the notes app on the myDevice to copy and paste the DPCI once your done scanning the floor. Make a woman’s, men’s, infants etc heading so you know which section to scan in the back. This helps me a lot when there’s softlines in different batches.

@SFSFun Does sending pick batches to the pack station at 2pm count as making pick goal or does it have to be sent at 1:59pm? Our pick goal time is 2pm.

^
If Target thinks you scanned in the batch in at 1:59:59 you should be good. If you do it at 2:00:00 you'll miss it. But if you're close to the goal time or just want to scan the batch in right now, when you hit "Continue to Pack Station," rather than scaning the label in the back, typing in "pack01" works just as well. Assuming you only have one pack station and printer; stores with more probably have pack02 and pack03 but that's pure speculation on my part.

^
If Target thinks you scanned in the batch in at 1:59:59 you should be good. If you do it at 2:00:00 you'll miss it. But if you're close to the goal time or just want to scan the batch in right now, when you hit "Continue to Pack Station," rather than scaning the label in the back, typing in "pack01" works just as well. Assuming you only have one pack station and printer; stores with more probably have pack02 and pack03 but that's pure speculation on my part.

Thanks for the clarification. Guessed we missed it today.

Turns out they were supposed to be collates afterall that we can't get to print correctly.
Yeah yesterday we had 30 collated that didn't print for some reason so I had to go to Manhattan and type in the numbers x_x!.... Idk why the printer is doing that tho....might have to call csc about it

Yeah yesterday we had 30 collated that didn't print for some reason so I had to go to Manhattan and type in the numbers x_x!.... Idk why the printer is doing that tho....might have to call csc about it
When you go to Manhattan, you shouldn't have to type in anything. You can print directly off Manhattan.

Thanks for the clarification. Guessed we missed it today.
On the bright side, the pick on time goal is 95%, so as long as it was just one batch that week you'll probably still be green. And don't forget you can key in the pack station as soon as you finish.

When you go to Manhattan, you shouldn't have to type in anything. You can print directly off Manhattan.
Unless your TM numbers default to another store's printer (like almost everyone at my store). Only a handful of people can reprint from Manhattan at my store because we each called the CSC at one point and made them fix it.

Every goddamn day I think I've seen it all when it comes to Target and Technology. Then you say this and I just die even more inside.
We got the new P&S update where you have to scan the carts to print collates...except none of the Zebras have the update. You either have to spend 30 minutes on the phone with the CSC getting it updated, or try and track down a device that you updated a few days ago.

We don't even have zebras for the update yet. They sent our store the ones for the backroom/sfs updates and then the ETLs took them and assigned them to salesfloor, etc teams.

We don't have specific Zebras for SFS, but we have over 30 in total so it's no problem to get ahold of one (for now).

We don't even have zebras for the update yet. They sent our store the ones for the backroom/sfs updates and then the ETLs took them and assigned them to salesfloor, etc teams.

I inspect every package that comes in.. If I see SFS I take it.

We don't have specific Zebras for SFS, but we have over 30 in total so it's no problem to get ahold of one (for now).
We have 30 new zebras just for SFS... we haven't had any updates yet tho on the pack and ship... but today I noticed that my zebra tells me the location of the items in the cart and another team members didnt.... as soon as they scaned a collate it showed the item pic ....no cart location.......

I finally got some information for this 4th quarter.... So we still have the pick time and pack time... however they want us to keep picking even after the 1pm deadline..... they are suppose to be sending clips (similar to push and backstock clips) one will say due today/pack today and the other will say due 2morrow that way u know which carts to pack first...... they also said the quicker you pick and pack the more orders you are going to get and if a store is getting slammed with orders and get behind then the system will send orders to another store .... So you can't fall behind... and they want 3 pickers to a packer

We have 30 new zebras just for SFS... we haven't had any updates yet tho on the pack and ship... but today I noticed that my zebra tells me the location of the items in the cart and another team members didnt.... as soon as they scaned a collate it showed the item pic ....no cart location.......

I finally got some information for this 4th quarter.... So we still have the pick time and pack time... however they want us to keep picking even after the 1pm deadline..... they are suppose to be sending clips (similar to push and backstock clips) one will say due today/pack today and the other will say due 2morrow that way u know which carts to pack first...... they also said the quicker you pick and pack the more orders you are going to get and if a store is getting slammed with orders and get behind then the system will send orders to another store .... So you can't fall behind... and they want 3 pickers to a packer

If that how it’s gonna work, they better be fixing the forecasted units for payroll. We already go over our forecasted payroll by 3-4 hours each day. One person to pick and pack for 150-200 units is impossible for us.

If scanning the collate shows the item right away, that zebra is running the newest version of Pack and Ship

It seems that all of our Zebra myDevices bypass the 'scan child location' step when packing. I didn't discover it until I was training some folks the other day. Luckily it displays the exact cart location at the top, so TMs new to packing will be able to find the items.

This is why you have to be very careful if and whenever you "pre-pack" by scanning in the collates. The virtual backlog will now send stores more orders if you've processed all the ones you have, so making it look like they've been done when they haven't been really sets you further behind.

We have 30 new zebras just for SFS...
Yeah yeah Mr. fancy ESFS store... ;)

I made my own clips a few years ago and we never really use them. Last Q4 was basically 2-3 people packing during the day and as many people picking as possible. Then when the due today orders were picked, they all jumped in packing as well and it was a race to beat the pack deadline. Pretty much everyone left by 5 and the 1-2 people left just focused on OPUs, loading the trailer, and cleaning up.

The new way of allocating orders sounds interesting as long as there is a hard max amount so we don't get overwhelmed. Otherwise it would be like we're being punished for success if we manage to get everything done.

If that how it’s gonna work, they better be fixing the forecasted units for payroll. We already go over our forecasted payroll by 3-4 hours each day. One person to pick and pack for 150-200 units is impossible for us.
Yeah I'm glad it's not just my store having that problem. I'm so sick of coming in at 4, seeing well over 100 orders, and checking the grid to see my only help is from 1pm-3. It's the correct amount of hours for the forecast, but the forecast is completely wrong. We seem to be getting double the forecast amount each day (though it's hard to tell unless someone checks the orderflow report at closing). We shouldn't have a cap of 825 units if they're only going to forecast and allocate hours for 200 units.

My ETL/GE brought rolls of labels to guest service and said the printer will no longer print labels for the individual items we put into hold for the STS and FF. From now on everyone is supposed to fill out a label with the name, order number, date and number of bags, by hand, for every stinking order!
I'm speechless!

We have been hitting our Daily Cap of 859 eaches almost everyday. With one person who is actually scheduled under Flexible Fullfillment. So much product moving out, that we will take 11 trucks in 6 days, starting last Thursday, Not even Fourth Quarter yet. Needless to say, if you work in my store and have hands and feet, you have been trained on SFS. And it is a rumor that we will be taking double trucks, Atleast every Monday and Wednesday,. Until January. It isn't even Fourth Quarter yet.

I walked in this morning with EVERY SINGLE one of our 3-tier Carts full of product, and with 210 eaches in the Zebra, for picking. Which couldn't get started until one of our carts was empty.

Back