Got those today and saw the accompanying redwire. I actually like how big they are compared to the FF labels. Hopefully we'll get some that big for the portable printers when they get them working with ePick. But whoever thought of these fill in the blank ones clearly didn't think it through. Between this and the bagging orders process, it pretty much doubles the amount of time it takes to pick an OPU, while only saving the GSTM a few seconds at most.
Haven't got our labels yet but maybe in a few days. When you go on redwire, do you go to a section on it or just search SFS to find about the new labels?
@mobilelady forewarned us of the no label idea was coming. When ePick starts for us, I am going to ask my TL if we can keep a PDA at guest service for order inquiry and printing labels.

Last edited:
Haven't got our labels yet but maybe in a few days. When you go on redwire, do you go to a section on it or just search SFS to find about the new labels?
@mobilelady forewarned us of the no label idea was coming. When ePick starts for us, I am going to ask my TL if we can keep a PDA at guest service for order inquiry and printing labels.
For redwire I just log in, click dashboard, then change the drop down near the top right to all store, and it shows all of the active redwires. I just scroll through it once a day to see if there's anything there having to do with SFS.

So much to catch up on. SFS forecasts here are unreliable too. We received the mobile pack station as our second unfortunately. What pisses me off the most is we're one week away from having completed a full remodel. Everything from all new tile to projectors in the ceiling showcasing pointless ads. How about showcase app functions to make every visit a breeze. ETL Log shared we have ePick as of a few days ago. Hell no to this SPU stickers. Back to 1982 with thee! Three rolls of Restock stickers showed up but not a word from leaders.

What happened to companies giving candidates for management [actually just personnel in general] guides to study for their new workplace or a test. This "Hey, got a degree? Yay, ready to lead!" bs is insufferable. New target recruit is at my store to assist my ETL Log just for 4th QT. Long story short he's helping us pack to ensure we meet the deadline and I notice he's scanning multiple collates at a time then packing afterwards. Suggest he shouldn't do that as it's prone to cause errors but continues. A few moments later he's staring at a collate and tells me he packed the wrong order with a collate and is lost. Had to troubleshoot using order inquiry and Manhattan to reprint collates. As he finished repacking I said, "that's why we don't pack more than one a time". New or not recently appointed leaders should know just as much if not more than I do about the workcenter. Etc... etc...

So much to catch up on. SFS forecasts here are unreliable too. We received the mobile pack station as our second unfortunately. What pisses me off the most is we're one week away from having completed a full remodel. Everything from all new tile to projectors in the ceiling showcasing pointless ads. How about showcase app functions to make every visit a breeze. ETL Log shared we have ePick as of a few days ago. Hell no to this SPU stickers. Back to 1982 with thee! Three rolls of Restock stickers showed up but not a word from leaders.

What happened to companies giving candidates for management [actually just personnel in general] guides to study for their new workplace or a test. This "Hey, got a degree? Yay, ready to lead!" bs is insufferable. New target recruit is at my store to assist my ETL Log just for 4th QT. Long story short he's helping us pack to ensure we meet the deadline and I notice he's scanning multiple collates at a time then packing afterwards. Suggest he shouldn't do that as it's prone to cause errors but continues. A few moments later he's staring at a collate and tells me he packed the wrong order with a collate and is lost. Had to troubleshoot using order inquiry and Manhattan to reprint collates. As he finished repacking I said, "that's why we don't pack more than one a time". New or not recently appointed leaders should know just as much if not more than I do about the workcenter. Etc... etc...
'

Got a fellow Tm that does multiples at a time and has not made a single mistake in a week. It's how they do it and how much care they put into it that matters. I do agree though. I will not be doing multiples. I'm gonna train for the busy times since it's not cyber monday or christmas yet. Doing multiples is just a disaster waiting to happen.

Does anyone follow the common practice of putting FF in a target bag?

I like my front end cashiers so yes. Yes I do. They do dirty work having to deal with every fucking guest that decides they saw it was a different price on the shelf or the hanger. I have picked up cashier shifts before as a former electronics TM and hated standing in one spot dealing with people thinking our store should be 100% perfect at all times and pretend shit cant be midplaced or put on the wrong shelf by a guest just not wanting it. ugh fuck that...this is why im all about FF.

Hopefully that's it. My PMT has a work order for SFS, but no redwire to go with it so he doesn't know what he's supposed to do yet. I'll admit I'm a little jealous of other stores getting extra packing stations (and I assume more order volume) but not us, even though we've had SFS for three years and have consistent green metrics.

I doubt for now we'll get a 2nd packing station but damn I'm happy we are finally doing sfs. I feel pride sending off an item packed correctly to the correct place by doing everything correct. Lol Job satisfaction. We are gonna be covering a lot of our states orders apparently and we have the good TMs taken off flow and salesfloor being trained to do it. It's gonna be an awesome 4Q!

Well then we are screwed... We get rfid in a week and have no iPod mydevices.

Start urging your softlines team to stay smart on zoning then and make sure your FF TMs know how to partner with softlines properly and when to just use their damn eyes. xD I got lost a few times lookin for socks and completely neglected to realize they were halloween themed and easy to locate even tho they were NOP

'

Got a fellow Tm that does multiples at a time and has not made a single mistake in a week. It's how they do it and how much care they put into it that matters. I do agree though. I will not be doing multiples. I'm gonna train for the busy times since it's not cyber monday or christmas yet. Doing multiples is just a disaster waiting to happen.
Why would anyone do that? It doesn't save any time whatsoever.

Start urging your softlines team to stay smart on zoning then and make sure your FF TMs know how to partner with softlines properly and when to just use their damn eyes. xD I got lost a few times lookin for socks and completely neglected to realize they were halloween themed and easy to locate even tho they were NOP
There is a pog for those, so they should've been tied and set.

Why would anyone do that? It doesn't save any time whatsoever.
I do multiples for items that go into 439s and under. I line up the collates on the table by size then scan everything through. Once I get to larger items, I go back to one at a time. I prefer getting the scan out of the way first that way I can assembly line them into the correct boxes or polymailers. I absolutely do not recommend anyone doing multiples if you have trouble paying attention to detail though.

I do multiples for items that go into 439s and under. I line up the collates on the table by size then scan everything through. Once I get to larger items, I go back to one at a time. I prefer getting the scan out of the way first that way I can assembly line them into the correct boxes or polymailers. I absolutely do not recommend anyone doing multiples if you have trouble paying attention to detail though.
But doesn't that take even more time since you're organizing them? I scan the collate, scan the item(s) for that container and pile them to the side, then build a box/open a bag and pack it up.

Bagging FF is strongly enforced at my location along with placing the item sticker(s) on the bag.

But doesn't that take even more time since you're organizing them? I scan the collate, scan the item(s) for that container and pile them to the side, then build a box/open a bag and pack it up.

And you still finish by 4:30 goal.. We scan onto 4 banquet tables and then pack.

And you still finish by 4:30 goal.. We scan onto 4 banquet tables and then pack.
I can understand scanning them out to meet the deadline, but not doing a few at a time because it somehow seems to be faster.

Not really. It only takes me about a minute to lay them out. It's usually about 10-15 collates per cart. Most of the time I can get the entire cart organized, scanned and boxed in 10 minutes if its all softlines or small items. And now it's even faster with the new Zebras.

Apparently an update is coming to Pack&Ship on 10/23 that will stop collates from printing automatically. You'll have to scan the tier of the cart that you want to work on and it will print out the collates from that tier. You won't be able to print more until they're all packed. Some stores are also getting extra printers.

Apparently an update is coming to Pack&Ship on 10/23 that will stop collates from printing automatically. You'll have to scan the tier of the cart that you want to work on and it will print out the collates from that tier. You won't be able to print more until they're all packed. Some stores are also getting extra printers.
weird....thats how our pack and ship system rolled out.

weird....thats how our pack and ship system rolled out.
Ours is still basically the same as the PDAs, except with pictures. Collates print out automatically every 30 minutes like they always have. We can still use the PDAs to pack too.

How do you like doing it that way? Seems like it's more complicated than it needs to be and I envision a lot of time wasted waiting by the printer.

Ours is still basically the same as the PDAs, except with pictures. Collates print out automatically every 30 minutes like they always have. We can still use the PDAs to pack too.

How do you like doing it that way? Seems like it's more complicated than it needs to be and I envision a lot of time wasted waiting by the printer.
it's kind of a pain. just adds another step to the process.

I'm going to have 3-4 packing stations set up for the peak season, but it'll be a fucking joke if the packers have to stand there waiting for their collates to print. I'll probably have to move the printer too, since right now it's pretty much behind a door.

I was watching a business show last week and one of the analyst was talking about retail stores and the upcoming Christmas Season.

He simply said, "Target just needs to fix their IMS (Inventory Management System) or better yet just dump it all together and bring in a new one."

The reason I bring this up as I have read through these threads, we have made a simple pick/pack process cumbersome.

I used to manage a regional wholesale warehouse (can't say what type, it would give me away) and we pulled/shipped 3K to 5K+ lines (orders) every day, operated a receiving department, and a City Sales desk with about 12 people.

We came clean everyday. We shipped Truck Load, Less than Truck Load, UPS, and other various regional carriers every afternoon.

Target is just killing team members efficiencies with all of these extra steps and/or process changes and additions. Not to mention the pack station set up and location is not idea for efficiency either. This is a linear process and requires a linear layout, not a section under steel pallet shelving.

I really feel for all my fellow SFS team members when I watch what you all have to do just get an item out the door. You guys often work way too hard getting product through the process.

Back