Archived Dear Sketchy Guest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CleanMyBackRoOm

Hard lines Wizard
Last night you thought you would get away with one hell of a flash sale let me tell you. You are one arrogant piece of crap to seriously think you could get away with such a stupid move. I'm so glad I have competent TM's moving around in my store.

Anyways guy's i'll fill all of you in on this "AMAZING" guest experience because I am sure it's not the last we've seen of this or the first for this attempted scam.

So last night at approximately 10 pm, I had a woman come into my store and walk back to electronics and she was looking for some help on a laptop. I proceeded to help her out telling her all about the specs and how the laptop was probably better suited as just a web browsing maybe playing very minimal supported games like the SIMS, maybe some League and some flash based games. She decided she was going to continue shopping and would come back to electronics to check out when she was ready. (I had been babysitting electronics for a team member at the time because they were on break)

Well when my TM came back I kind of warned him about the lady just because I kind of got a weird vibe from her to begin with just by the way she was constantly trying to interrupt me about the stupid DvD drive on the laptop. She thought she was pretty intellectual because she could read the letter MIR on the DvD drive, apparently to her that's a "thing". Gave myself a little lols' during our conversation but any who; I informed the TM and told him to make sure he walked the laptop up front if she decided she wanted it because I wanted more experienced cashiers handling her purchase as we were dead in the store anyways and it wouldn't make any real sense for her to check out back there.

*I take my 15 minute break and attend to some email writing for my ETL's the next day*

As I am walking out of TSC I see the lady at the register and she just so happens to be in the line of one of my better and less than enthusiastic cashiers. (She hates scum bags like this lady, she's always refusing price changes she's just that way even though we tell her to do it anyways) Well the cashier calls me over because she notices something odd about the laptop that my electronics person had brought up. The cashier is trying to find the UPC barcode to scan but can't find it on the box, weird because 15 minutes ago I know for a fact that it was on there. As I looked closer I realized she had scratched the entire spec sticker from the side of the laptop.

After I caught this I glanced over to the register monitor and noticed that two different items were ringing up when my cashier was scanning the item. The first was a laptop, the second item.... *drum roll please* a Samsung Blue Ray player... riiiight, gee I wonder how this is happening, the guest is looking at me puzzled trying to tell me my electronics TM has told her that the laptop was on sale. (At this point I am really holding back laughing at her in front of 4 other guests who are patiently waiting behind her). I told my cashier to suspend the transaction while I find out what exactly is wrong with the system.

(I was actually going to grab AP to see what we could do about the situation)
So I sunk him, like the dog he is on this lady... She ran out of the store, she had to of known it was coming.

Anyways, I walk back to electronics where my stupid idiot of a team member was standing at the boat. Apparently not only had this lady been sitting at the boat but he had received a timely phone call pulling his attention away from the lady with the laptop. Instead of calling for help to back him up in electronics he actually left the guest alone, with a $400 laptop. After this point AP went to the cameras to take a look at what was going on.

This lady had taken the bottom part of a pick label off of a blue ray player and tried to layer it over the pick label to the laptop. As stated before she had picked off the spec label, not only is the spec label now gone but so is the UPC barcode.

Take note fellow TM's and ETL's DO NOT SCAN PICK LABELS WHEN RINGING PEOPLE OUT!
I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do that anyways but don't do it! Anyways just wanted to share my story for the idiot guest I had to deal with. I wish she would understand that not all Target employees are uneducated.

Last night you thought you would get away with one hell of a flash sale let me tell you. You are one arrogant piece of crap to seriously think you could get away with such a stupid move. I'm so glad I have competent TM's moving around in my store.

Anyways guy's i'll fill all of you in on this "AMAZING" guest experience because I am sure it's not the last we've seen of this or the first for this attempted scam.

So last night at approximately 10 pm, I had a woman come into my store and walk back to electronics and she was looking for some help on a laptop. I proceeded to help her out telling her all about the specs and how the laptop was probably better suited as just a web browsing maybe playing very minimal supported games like the SIMS, maybe some League and some flash based games. She decided she was going to continue shopping and would come back to electronics to check out when she was ready. (I had been babysitting electronics for a team member at the time because they were on break)

Well when my TM came back I kind of warned him about the lady just because I kind of got a weird vibe from her to begin with just by the way she was constantly trying to interrupt me about the stupid DvD drive on the laptop. She thought she was pretty intellectual because she could read the letter MIR on the DvD drive, apparently to her that's a "thing". Gave myself a little lols' during our conversation but any who; I informed the TM and told him to make sure he walked the laptop up front if she decided she wanted it because I wanted more experienced cashiers handling her purchase as we were dead in the store anyways and it wouldn't make any real sense for her to check out back there.

*I take my 15 minute break and attend to some email writing for my ETL's the next day*

As I am walking out of TSC I see the lady at the register and she just so happens to be in the line of one of my better and less than enthusiastic cashiers. (She hates scum bags like this lady, she's always refusing price changes she's just that way even though we tell her to do it anyways) Well the cashier calls me over because she notices something odd about the laptop that my electronics person had brought up. The cashier is trying to find the UPC barcode to scan but can't find it on the box, weird because 15 minutes ago I know for a fact that it was on there. As I looked closer I realized she had scratched the entire spec sticker from the side of the laptop.

After I caught this I glanced over to the register monitor and noticed that two different items were ringing up when my cashier was scanning the item. The first was a laptop, the second item.... *drum roll please* a Samsung Blue Ray player... riiiight, gee I wonder how this is happening, the guest is looking at me puzzled trying to tell me my electronics TM has told her that the laptop was on sale. (At this point I am really holding back laughing at her in front of 4 other guests who are patiently waiting behind her). I told my cashier to suspend the transaction while I find out what exactly is wrong with the system.

(I was actually going to grab AP to see what we could do about the situation)
So I sunk him, like the dog he is on this lady... She ran out of the store, she had to of known it was coming.

Anyways, I walk back to electronics where my stupid idiot of a team member was standing at the boat. Apparently not only had this lady been sitting at the boat but he had received a timely phone call pulling his attention away from the lady with the laptop. Instead of calling for help to back him up in electronics he actually left the guest alone, with a $400 laptop. After this point AP went to the cameras to take a look at what was going on.

This lady had taken the bottom part of a pick label off of a blue ray player and tried to layer it over the pick label to the laptop. As stated before she had picked off the spec label, not only is the spec label now gone but so is the UPC barcode.

Take note fellow TM's and ETL's DO NOT SCAN PICK LABELS WHEN RINGING PEOPLE OUT!
I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do that anyways but don't do it! Anyways just wanted to share my story for the idiot guest I had to deal with. I wish she would understand that not all Target employees are uneducated.
damn right only scan upc barcodes per best practice.

Sometimes I'll scan pick labels if the real barcode is in a shitty spot or the guest is holding the item and it's heavy. If it's that big a deal then take the pick labels off when the items are put on the shelves, or use a marker to black out the barcode.

If I scan one I always double check the item. I've gotten a few that weren't even close to what the product was that it was attached to

If I scan one I always double check the item. I've gotten a few that weren't even close to what the product was that it was attached to
it all depends on the store. at mine we are upc only, we just have way too much theft, and most of the cashiers are incompetent at best.

Surprisingly my store allows pick label scans at a cashier's discretion. This surprises me because of how absolutely anal we are on other things, because someone can slap any random pick label anywhere and BAM they get the item for less.

That is, if BR/Flow/whoever the hell ACTUALLY PUTS THE PART WITH THE LOCATION AND UPC, BACK ON THE BOX after they separate the RDC part and the UPC part. I hate having to rip open a case pack because someone didn't put back the UPC label, or it has no pick label at all and someone stuck vendor product on a CAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back