Archived Deer - Guest collision

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheDudexx

Front of Store Attendant
Yup. Title pretty much says it all. A deer somehow managed to evade 4 lanes of 45mph traffic but somehow couldn't evade a poor woman carrying in a toaster oven for a return at my service desk. Cart attendant told me it was at full speed when it he hit her (as in not in a car, it hit HER). Felt terrible for the woman. She was so nice but she was out of breath and shaking in her boots by the time she got to my desk. And yeah, of course I called it in to my LOD and filed a report about it. Friggin' Mother nature, how can you ever accommodate for wildlife? "Excuse me little deer? Please exorcise caution in our parking lot." Answer = RED

I feel bad for her.
Must have been pretty scary.
And as funny as it may sound she got lucky, deer killed 145 people last year.

Wait, did it happen on Target property or outside in the lot? Our STL and HR mentioned that if it didn't happen in the store, we can't file an incident report and 911 has to be called for them to handle it.

Wait, did it happen on Target property or outside in the lot? Our STL and HR mentioned that if it didn't happen in the store, we can't file an incident report and 911 has to be called for them to handle it.

It happened about 10 paces short the the entrance on the crosswalk inches before the sidewalk. My STL had me fill out a witness form. She wasn't hurt thank god, but I still felt it was necessary to report it. Poor woman was shaking like a tree.

We did have a deer break the big window in tsc . No one hurt including deer. Mating season does mess with the mind.

Theres a video on youtube of a attempting to run into a Targets entrance doors...but failed.. hope the ladys ok!

Poor lady. Probably thinking "Never mind! I'll just KEEP the d@mn toaster oven!"

My Grandma hit a 10-pt buck with her ginormous pontiac. Killed the buck but messed up the radiator & a good portion of the block.

Code green at gs! Lod, code green at gs!. Gstl to gs with incident packet.
You need say this according to best practice.

We had a guest trip on absolutely nothing (invisible rock?) on the sidewalk outside the GM door and fell flat on her face, causing a bloody mess. The LOD and AP inspected the sidewalk, no debris, cracks or anything for her to trip on. They had to pull video and fill out an incident report because she started complaining that it was Target's fault. HR said they had to fill out the form incase she tried to file suit for her own stupidty and clumsiness.

We had a guest trip on absolutely nothing (invisible rock?) on the sidewalk outside the GM door and fell flat on her face, causing a bloody mess. The LOD and AP inspected the sidewalk, no debris, cracks or anything for her to trip on. They had to pull video and fill out an incident report because she started complaining that it was Target's fault. HR said they had to fill out the form incase she tried to file suit for her own stupidty and clumsiness.
I had something similiar to this at Food Avenue. The guest "slipped" and started crying bloody murder. She was complaining that we left the flor wet and that was why she slipped, so this was obviously Target's fault. I happened to be right up at the front lanes when it happened and went straight there. Guess what? The floor was dry as a bone for a radius of at least two yards from where she slipped.

I ended up having to do the entire incident report, including taking pictures of the area. I later found out that the guest did file suit but it was thrown out. According to the STL, the court dismissed her suit because of the "thorough documentation" that I did.

I had something similiar to this at Food Avenue. The guest "slipped" and started crying bloody murder. She was complaining that we left the flor wet and that was why she slipped, so this was obviously Target's fault. I happened to be right up at the front lanes when it happened and went straight there. Guess what? The floor was dry as a bone for a radius of at least two yards from where she slipped.

I ended up having to do the entire incident report, including taking pictures of the area. I later found out that the guest did file suit but it was thrown out. According to the STL, the court dismissed her suit because of the "thorough documentation" that I did.

Before I worked there, someone had spilt a drink on the floor in front of food avenue and I slipped and fell backwards to the floor. I think they were surprised that I didn't threaten to sue or something.

We had a tm slip on one little drop of liquid detergent. A guest saw it and ran to get help while her hubby stayed with the tm. I was the first tm on scene and called the code green. I could see that my fellow tm wasn't hurt, but the gentleman wouldn't let him get up, it was kind of cute. These two older guests fussing over the tm. The LOD came and all was handled as it should be. Before they left the lady said to the fallen tm, "You take care now sweetie." Is that cute or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back