Archived Defective Service down issue at Guest Service last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheDudexx

Front of Store Attendant
Last night when I closed Guest Service, I couldn't damage anything out because the Defective Service was down. There was like a 20 minute window where I could actually do some of them, but I had a half full cart of damages I had to leave for the opening team member of damages by nights end. Did anyone else have this problem?

This is a global issue. I called support today and its the first thing that's mentioned.

We switched what register we were using to defect and that helped today but I still had a ton of lp's to void.

Yeah I had a ton of them for this mornings opening team member to void because I forgot to do them since I was so side tracked. Our photo lab is closed so now there is only one of us there and it kind of sucks. Can't get any work done because you're almost always with a guest. And I had a half full cart of see spot reshop I couldn't get to. I felt horrible but I had to clock out at 10 when we closed. Couldn't be helped.

Our "ESIM" damages have been down since Friday. Tried all 4 registers. Says "System Offline" then we have to void out the red labels. A pain! The other damages work though. :huh:

Anything that was defected out during a return transaction was processed fine. It seems that things processed via Sort Stuff on the register or PDA were having issues.

The SmartSort "Repackage" wasn't working either. - To get around this, you can use the SIM application on the PDA.
I was able to defect things out using the "DEF" app, too. Didn't try any ESIM.

We had the same issue too. :/ it basically stopped everything because the printer wouldn't respond.
Even today, I was trying to defect an apple and a sweet potatoe but I kept getting this 'Give to price accuracy' screen. Real annoying. >.<

For produce and things like that, you might not always be able to "red" defect them. Try using the QMOS application on the PDA to do things like that.

For produce and things like that, you might not always be able to "red" defect them. Try using the QMOS application on the PDA to do things like that.

I feel like I heard or read somewhere (possibly on this site) that it's better to QMOS than to defect. Something about CAFS and the accumulator...?

EDIT: So I found out (either from my store or another thread, I can't remember) that QMOS is better because it allows you to get vendor credits, whereas defecting does not.

I don't think my store had any problems today. Then again I was so busy helping the new cashier I didn't really have time to notice. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back