Archived Degrees and Leadership

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETLs and up have to have a Bachelors (4 year degree) and higher. Seniors and below do not have to have any degree but a high school/GED. But I know Target would love for their Seniors to have a degree. I am going to have a BSB-HRM (Bachelors in Business Human Resource Management) Degree, but Target can not even make me a Team Lead, so I guess that is not even good enough for them.

Preach.
I worked for spot for nearly 15 yrs & had my degree long before then.
Was a mentor for many, was always asked personally to train EITs & interns but was never considered for even a TL position.
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

I think HR needs a degree. The HR lady at my store had a bachelors and was working on her master's.
A couple GSTL's had degrees (though not required). One had an associates and is still working on her bachelor's and the other one is working on her masters.

My first etl-hr didn't have a degree. She went to school a couple years after I started and finished her bachelors and is working on her masters. After spot fired her.

Had an etl-sl who had no degree. Just decades in law enforcement, plus management at Walmart.

I wonder if they get some sort of tax breaks or incentive money from the colleges for hiring these kids.

I can't see why else Target is so strict on that requirement. This is the main reason why I left, I couldn't get passed Sr. TL even though etls and stls would vouch for me

I think HR needs a degree. The HR lady at my store had a bachelors and was working on her master's.
A couple GSTL's had degrees (though not required). One had an associates and is still working on her bachelor's and the other one is working on her masters.
If they are required to have a degree I feel it needs to be hr related not a degree in fine arts or something like that

If they are required to have a degree I feel it needs to be hr related not a degree in fine arts or something like that

I think the HR lady and one of the GSTL's have a degree in business. The other GSTL has a degree in food management (she was also the manager of food ave)

VMLs need degrees? Ours didn't even finish College yet. This whole degree things complete bull, why is a Bussiness AS (2 year) degree useless, yet a 4-year degree in Sports management becomes an ETL.
They originally required a degree. But if you look at the job postings now no degree is required.

Years back military experience would suffice in place of a college degree. Also previous big box management. It really is a district by district thing. I have worked in a district that at the time had had 3 ETLs with no degree. We got a new DTL and suddenly those 3 ETLs were "performance" out.

For ppl that display true leadership without degrees, why they are "looked over" for high positions within Target such as Srtl or ETL is Beyond me!!! For some ppl who have a degree, it's like a "merit" to be a pain in the butt! My opinion

I have a 4 yr degree but am a lowly backroom worker. But, I have no wish to work as a TL or ETL for a couple of reasons -- 1) Target seems to recruit younger degree holders and 2) they only seem to recruit those with a specific skill set, that is, those that are outgoing and personable. Nothing wrong with this approach as it makes sense. I don't think i'm ETL material simply because I do not have the patience to deal with the minutae of crap that ETL's have to deal with. You're basically signing your life away imo and my experience has led me to the following conclusion -- Target will take advantage of you and set higher and higher expectations. Nothing will be good enough. It won't matter how hard you work, they will always want more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back