Archived Demon Spawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom literally dragged me across a slush-covered parking lot when I was a kid because I asked if I could have candy more than once...to be fair, she warned me that we'd leave if I did it again and I of course had a meltdown at the exit doors. From then on I was a model kid at the store...
I once heard a girl who couldn't have been more than 12 tell her mom she was being a f***ing bitch and to shut up... I was actually speechless considering I, as a full grown adult, still can't say bitch, let alone f*** in front of my parents

I once heard a girl who couldn't have been more than 12 tell her mom she was being a f***ing bitch and to shut up... I was actually speechless considering I, as a full grown adult, still can't say bitch, let alone f*** in front of my parents

Wow. Reminds me of the time when this 8-year-old girl on my street called my friend a MF. My dad would've really let me have it if I ever did anything like that.

My mom literally dragged me across a slush-covered parking lot when I was a kid because I asked if I could have candy more than once...to be fair, she warned me that we'd leave if I did it again and I of course had a meltdown at the exit doors. From then on I was a model kid at the store...
When I was young, I was either in the cart, or held on to it. I did not wander off, I did not touch. I would get asked "do you want to go outside?" or "do you want to go home?" yes my mother was overly strict in some areas but she taught me how to be respectful. I'm not even 24 yet and I know how to be a responsible adult. Kids these days are awful. Maybe that's just my area though. Parent's with lots of money who spoil their kids and don't teach them how to behave properly. Really sucks when mommy & daddy tell them to get a job & they end up at Target with the worst work ethic EVER.

I have to admit that the closest I have ever come to child endangerment was in a grocery store with my daughters in the shopping cart.
My oldest had decided it would be funny to slip things off the shelf that she wanted and hide them in the cart when I wasn't looking.
Her little sister had been roped into being the distraction.
About the third time she pulled this I'd had enough and started to take them out of the store to their mother who was getting a little peace and quiet in the car.
Now we had taught our kids not to just yell and scream if someone tried to kidnap them but to say loudly....
and she did, very loudly.
911, THIS IS NOT MY FATHER!

I have never came so close to beating a child in my life.
Luckily, I'd been shopping there for years and this was before cell phones so the employees knew me and assured the customers who didn't that that the mohawked guy with the cute blonde girls was safe.

I was shaking when I handed them back to their mom.

tl;dr Even the best children can be evil and even the best parents aren't prepared for it.

The only thing that really bothers me when it comes to kids in the store is their parents hitting them. I know spanking is pretty common for some parents, but it's not something I'm comfortable witnessing. I also watched a mom full-out smack her son across the face because he wouldn't stop asking the same question over and over (which, by the way, she could have just.... answered?). That one really shook me. I'm glad I work in the backroom and don't have to deal with that kind of stuff.

I have to admit that the closest I have ever come to child endangerment was in a grocery store with my daughters in the shopping cart.
My oldest had decided it would be funny to slip things off the shelf that she wanted and hide them in the cart when I wasn't looking.
Her little sister had been roped into being the distraction.
About the third time she pulled this I'd had enough and started to take them out of the store to their mother who was getting a little peace and quiet in the car.
Now we had taught our kids not to just yell and scream if someone tried to kidnap them but to say loudly....
and she did, very loudly.
911, THIS IS NOT MY FATHER!

I have never came so close to beating a child in my life.
Luckily, I'd been shopping there for years and this was before cell phones so the employees knew me and assured the customers who didn't that that the mohawked guy with the cute blonde girls was safe.

I was shaking when I handed them back to their mom.

tl;dr Even the best children can be evil and even the best parents aren't prepared for it.

While that was a truly awful experience for you, I can't help but admire the brains behind the outburst...

We have one ridiculous mom come in, who has slight-autism. She always brings her daughter in, who has a more prominent level of autism. Both of which are completely fine, BUT...... EVERY SINGLE TIME they come shopping, this mother ALWAYS loses her daughter in the store. EVERY time. Every single time. And EVERY SINGLE TIME I'm the GSA/GSTL. And she always freaks out and says the exact same thing, word for word, "Oh my god you need to help me i lost my daughter" completely hysterical. So every time she shops I have to call out a code yellow, everyone freaks out, and her autistic daughter is always either found in girls, boys, or performance. Every time I end it with some friendly form of "Make sure you guys stay together, we don't want any unattended children wandering out the doors." The woman thanks me. then comes back in a week or so later and this repeats. It's a vicious cycle.

Clever girl, that one commie.....

Far too clever, some time I'll have to tell you about when she blew up the neighbors shed.
I think the elephant in the room is not when but HOW she blew up a shed lol this I gotta hear

Let's just say that you might think it's cool to teach your kids food chemistry but you might want to ask what they need all that vinegar and baking soda for.

edit: I take full responsibility for teaching her.
It was all the parents in the neighborhood who didn't ask why their kids needed the ingredients.

Last edited:
Re: food chemistry - my sister & I caused a blast that left red spattered all over our mother's kitchen.
There USED to be mint green walls.
Amazing how many coats of primer it takes to cover red.

Sorry, but I have ZERO tolerance for whining kids. I never put up with it from mine and won't put up with it from others. My kids knew better than to start whining for a toy or "treat" when we were out in public. It was one thing if they were hurt....it was an entirely different story if they were just being brats (which, fortunately for them, they knew better).

This past spring a mom was doing a return up at guest services, with her two kiddos, who were probably about 3. I was GSA that night and happened to be walking by. One of the kiddos decided he was going to hit his sister. So he did. She started crying, and hit him back. So he started crying, and...yeah, vicious cycle. Poor Mom just wanted to do her return. So I walked up to them, knelt down at their level (they were strapped in the kid cart seats) and asked them if they had seen the movie Frozen. The girl, of course, answered she had, while the boy just sat there and stared at me trying to figure out why I was talking to them so calmly. So the girl and I talked about Frozen, and I had her tell me all about it. Mom was able to finish her return, and get back to refereeing the kids and the entire front end had peace and quiet.

I know how easy it is to want to grumble at kids when they are being obnoxious. And at a certain age, I'm likely to lose patience with their tantrums. But when they're little, sometimes a distraction of a calm voice is enough to quiet them down to either talk to you or at least stare at you in confusion. It will give the parent enough time to get done what they are trying to get done and get them out of there and everyone back to some semblance of quiet again. It doesn't always work, but when it does, you will be considered a miracle worker for the rest of the day.

This past spring a mom was doing a return up at guest services, with her two kiddos, who were probably about 3. I was GSA that night and happened to be walking by. One of the kiddos decided he was going to hit his sister. So he did. She started crying, and hit him back. So he started crying, and...yeah, vicious cycle. Poor Mom just wanted to do her return. So I walked up to them, knelt down at their level (they were strapped in the kid cart seats) and asked them if they had seen the movie Frozen. The girl, of course, answered she had, while the boy just sat there and stared at me trying to figure out why I was talking to them so calmly. So the girl and I talked about Frozen, and I had her tell me all about it. Mom was able to finish her return, and get back to refereeing the kids and the entire front end had peace and quiet.

I know how easy it is to want to grumble at kids when they are being obnoxious. And at a certain age, I'm likely to lose patience with their tantrums. But when they're little, sometimes a distraction of a calm voice is enough to quiet them down to either talk to you or at least stare at you in confusion. It will give the parent enough time to get done what they are trying to get done and get them out of there and everyone back to some semblance of quiet again. It doesn't always work, but when it does, you will be considered a miracle worker for the rest of the day.
You, my dear are an angel!

Chaos always happens with little ones when the cart stops moving. I can't help wonder though how may errands are necessary to take your child with you to? I understand if you are a single parent you have no choice or if you and your spouse work different shifts or any other extenuating circumstance but some parents just don't seem to take into account that a child doesn't want to go clothes shopping with you for 3 hours.

Last edited:

This. Once over a certain age, tantrums annoy me. But if they are little, I will try to help the kids calm down. We have stickers and lollipops available so sometimes those are offered. Most times though I can just distract them by talking to them. Being that all of my siblings are a good bit younger than me, I know that kids can be a handful sometimes no matter how hard you try.

I don't have kids, but the parents I know make me afraid to interact with anyone's children, period. Lollipop? Choking hazard. Poison. Allergy. Pat on the head? Assault. Tell a little girl she's pretty? OPPRESSION! Stickers? I dunno, the kid might eat it. I see children as tiny, loud potential lawsuits. No thanks.

Let me preface my little rant with this : I have 3 kids !!

There should be a manual handed to guests when they enter the store with small kids (a muzzle and leash would be great ) :
If it is naptime,go home!
If your kid is sick,or just had a vaccine ,go home!
If you haven't had the time to change your kid's diaper since the night before,go home!
If your kid is whiny ,snotty,crying ,screaming ,go home!
If you do not have time to parent your kid,but rather be on the phone,go home!
And for god sake,don't ask a 2 year old if she wants the blue dress or the yellow one,because she will want a purple one that we don't carry and starts screaming ! Just grab a freaking dress!!!
If your infant cries,just hold him ,that is the only way he can communicate ,don't keep pushing your stroller around the store !!!

I saw a 2/3 year ild throwing a hell of a tantrum because she wanted to shop in the big girl section and not the toddler area,she simply ended butt naked ,and the mom did absolutely nothing! I just wanted to throw my pda to the mom's face!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.