Demoting from TL to TM?

What’s the current process like? I’ve read many different things such as: you had to transfer stores, can’t demote until your TL spot is filled, and that HR has to approve it. What’s the average timeline for this?

I know a TL that did this because she was moving too far from our store.

She had to get permission to demote then transfer to another but it took less than a month.

I recently saw her and she is now a TL at her new store which is interesting.

Don't know about the timeline etc. but definitely have to transfer stores. There have been a few situations like this at my store and all of them had to move to other stores. Didn't really want to leave but they needed to have more time for family issues and not being a TL was the way to do it.

I know a TL that did this because she was moving too far from our store.

She had to get permission to demote then transfer to another but it took less than a month.

I recently saw her and she is now a TL at her new store which is interesting.
Same thing happened at my store team lead transferred from another state. My store had no open leader positions so she demoted until a leader position opened.

Same thing happened at my store team lead transferred from another state. My store had no open leader positions so she demoted until a leader position opened.
How long did that take?

I don't think I would have moved, took a demotion, unless I was offered a TL spot within a certain time frame.

In my example that TM find out the new store was much better run better.

This person wasn't planning to become a TL again AFAIK.

How long did that take?

I don't think I would have moved, took a demotion, unless I was offered a TL spot within a certain time frame.

In my example that TM find out the new store was much better run better.

This person wasn't planning to become a TL again AFAIK.
I don’t remember maybe 4 to 6 months.

Back