Archived Denied antiquate raise for refusing team trainer promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello team! I've had a positive experience with the company, but now I feel like I'm being taken advantage of (more so than usual, but whatev ;)

I had my first performance review and received Excellent (EX) marks throughout the entire packet for a prorated period of 6 months. But for my Merit Detail I only received a 2.3% raise... huh? I was expecting somewhere between 4.5 - 6.5 !

The only thing I can think of that might have lowered it is I turned down a promotion to team trainer. At the time I was struggling with school on top of work and thought it would include added stress. Now that I have a clear understanding what it actually meant I regret turning it down. Is this some sort of spiteful punishment? lol

Team Trainer isn't a promotion, it's more of an agreement that you'll be willing to train new team members. Your merit increase is about right for an EX.

Team Trainer isn't a promotion, it's more of an agreement that you'll be willing to train new team members. Your merit increase is about right for an EX.

Thanks for responding so quickly STLinMaking. I didn't realize team trainer was simply an agreement... so my refusal shouldn't have effected it either way. Can you explain how is my merit increase about right for EX? Every post I've seen here says the range should be around 4.0%

Excellent (EX)... prorated period of 6 months. But for my Merit Detail I only received a 2.3% raise... huh? I was expecting somewhere between 4.5 - 6.5 !

An EX review is a 4.5% raise, however since you are prorated at only 6 months you get 6/12s of the full raise or 2.3%.

At least that's the way I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back