Development

What does it mean to be put on the pipeline? I keep being told i get brought up in etl meetings and that they all want to promote me but i have no idea what it means or what is going to happen, if we have no openings at our store for a tl any advice is welcome

“Pipeline” means you’re seen as a potential TL in the near future so you’re being developed or will be. Every store needs to have some pipeline TM’s to replace TL’s throughout the district. Hopefully before long you’ll have interviews and be “on the bench” which means you’re signed off on to be a TL and are just waiting for an opening. At least these are the terms we use in my district

“Pipeline” means you’re seen as a potential TL in the near future so you’re being developed or will be. Every store needs to have some pipeline TM’s to replace TL’s throughout the district. Hopefully before long you’ll have interviews and be “on the bench” which means you’re signed off on to be a TL and are just waiting for an opening. At least these are the terms we use in my district
Oh okay thank you for explaining, i just keep getting told it means im on the bench and I didn’t know what that meant. I’ve already started developing though, they have me doing emails and lead huddles and learning to run other departments. I didn’t know there were interviews before being signed off though. Thank you again.

Oh okay thank you for explaining, i just keep getting told it means im on the bench and I didn’t know what that meant. I’ve already started developing though, they have me doing emails and lead huddles and learning to run other departments. I didn’t know there were interviews before being signed off though. Thank you again.
You’re practically a team leader.

So back in July I was approached by my ETL if I wanted to work on development into a TL for the future, well I've been doing the best I can and have gone out of my comfort zone a lot since we had that conversation. Recently I was appointed a DBO role for housewares and my new SD said that the best development I could have would come with running my area. So now that I'm in the pipeline (which I just learned is what you called people before the bench) does anyone have suggestions of how to help put myself out there to get more notoriety and experience for a interview or tips of how to be a better DBO. Everywhere I see people always gripe about having more work to do and how DBO's are so miserable but I truly like it, I love working and even if I don't/can't become a lead I'm still just trying to make my store as best as possible because I love my store.

I hope someone can help me, thank you guys!

(this might be reposted on other subs because I really am looking for as many answers as possible)

So back in July I was approached by my ETL if I wanted to work on development into a TL for the future, well I've been doing the best I can and have gone out of my comfort zone a lot since we had that conversation. Recently I was appointed a DBO role for housewares and my new SD said that the best development I could have would come with running my area. So now that I'm in the pipeline (which I just learned is what you called people before the bench) does anyone have suggestions of how to help put myself out there to get more notoriety and experience for a interview or tips of how to be a better DBO. Everywhere I see people always gripe about having more work to do and how DBO's are so miserable but I truly like it, I love working and even if I don't/can't become a lead I'm still just trying to make my store as best as possible because I love my store.

I hope someone can help me, thank you guys!

(this might be reposted on other subs because I really am looking for as many answers as possible)
Keep doing what you’re doing

Back