Did I make a mistake

I have been with target for over 3 years. At first I loved my job and ever since the pandemic hit it’s hasn’t been the same. My store has been cutting hours so staffing has been horrible on top of people quitting and shrinking their availability. It’s has been so overwhelming because there is a huge workload daily and not enough team members. I told one of my team members that I’m looking for a new job. I’m a tl and now I’m worried that my this might get back to my etl, sd and etl hr. Can I get fired for this? The person I told I have a good relationship with, the problem is he likes pass on information to other team members. I might be moving to another department and it’s the same role he really wants and interviewed for so I’m worried that should I get it that he will become spiteful. Although I don’t believe he is that type of person you never know. I don’t have any performance conversation or cca. I’m always on time and have only called out twice. I just want to get other people’s thoughts on this.

I tell my etl this on the daily lol. I have a good relationship with him though. You wouldn't get fired for this either way. You could get in trouble if you were telling other tms to quit with you ect.

I have been with target for over 3 years. At first I loved my job and ever since the pandemic hit it’s hasn’t been the same. My store has been cutting hours so staffing has been horrible on top of people quitting and shrinking their availability. It’s has been so overwhelming because there is a huge workload daily and not enough team members. I told one of my team members that I’m looking for a new job. I’m a tl and now I’m worried that my this might get back to my etl, sd and etl hr. Can I get fired for this? The person I told I have a good relationship with, the problem is he likes pass on information to other team members. I might be moving to another department and it’s the same role he really wants and interviewed for so I’m worried that should I get it that he will become spiteful. Although I don’t believe he is that type of person you never know. I don’t have any performance conversation or cca. I’m always on time and have only called out twice. I just want to get other people’s thoughts on this.
Could you get fired for this? No. Could it give your SD the idea that you will bolt for greener pastures in a nanosecond, leaving him in the lurch and that it might be wise for him to performance you out and replace you with someone who a) isn’t looking for another job and b) doesn’t tell secrets to team members who like to run their mouths? Oh, yeah, depending on your SD. Hope that TM keeps things quiet. Best advice for any TL, or anyone else for that matter, is don’t give out information that can be used against you, especially at work and particularly to potential rivals. Good luck!

Back