Answered Did the team leader read my availability before offering me an interview?

I know Target wants employees to have flexibility, including nights, holidays and weekends, but I can't work late at night because of a curfew I have. I am over 18, I just have a personal situation. I specified my hours on the application though. Did they see this before the interview offer?

They should have. Maybe they need to fill a position with earlier hours, or maybe they scheduled you for an interview in the hope of talking you into opening up your availability during your interview. The availability that you sign for on your interview paperwork is the availability that you will be held to for at least your first 90 days. Good luck!

I would be sure to state this explicitly during your interview.

You don't need to provide detail, just explicitly state that the hours which you filled out for your availability are not flexible. Depending on your curfew time (if after store closing), they may schedule you to 10PM (Closing) but expect you to stay until done, and you may be unable to leave the building until let out, impacting your curfew.

Be very explicit with this. You don't want to waste their time and you don't want them to waste yours.

I would be sure to state this explicitly during your interview.

You don't need to provide detail, just explicitly state that the hours which you filled out for your availability are not flexible. Depending on your curfew time (if after store closing), they may schedule you to 10PM (Closing) but expect you to stay until done, and you may be unable to leave the building until let out, impacting your curfew.

Be very explicit with this. You don't want to waste their time and you don't want them to waste yours.
I specified that I wanted to leave at 6:30pm in my application, so maybe they just really need help in the middle of the day? Not sure.

I will usually ask about availability during interviews just so there are no surprises if i do hire someone, but it would be reviewed before offering an interview too but sometimes things slip by

I read availability in my store, if I'm interviewing someone and their availability doesn't match, it's the first thing that I'll bring up before moving on. May be different than the store that you applied for. I wouldn't even offer someone a spot that couldn't work certain times.

Back