Archived Did you do your Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinallyFamous

DazedNconfuzed
Is there a mandatory amount of time you are suppose to train ONCE PROMOTED to TL? Has anyone ever heard of a new TL just being promoted and immediately starting at their store? What is the average that some of y'all have trained before starting at your store?

My training was a month after I promoted due to being in the middle of Q4 but I still only got a couple days. It all depends on your background with target and if you need it or not. My store thought I didn’t need it so I only got a couple days just to see a different view

Is there a mandatory amount of time you are suppose to train ONCE PROMOTED to TL? Has anyone ever heard of a new TL just being promoted and immediately starting at their store? What is the average that some of y'all have trained before starting at your store?
3 days - 2 at another store 1 at mine

I was given 20 minutes with the produce TL I was replacing, so he could teach me how to order. Problem was that he was not very good at his job... hence he was being replaced.

A half ass week at another store. But pretty much no "training". Learn as I go

A half ass week at another store. But pretty much no "training". Learn as I go

Thats like how target training is like for everything thats why like every tm and TL does things way differently then others in the same roles because everything is just half assed learn as you go training

When I got promoted to TL, the STL told me that they blew thier training payroll in the last two TL for my position. One got term'd for stealing after 2 weeks into her promotion. Then the next one decided the workload was too much, and now he works at the starbucks. Each had gotten 3 weeks of training. I asked if I could go to another store to see how they do things and what kind of support they get, but they told me no. I was "trained" by a TL that would get angry when i would ask her questions about the job.

It depends on your knowledge. I'm district trainer and have people for one or 2 weeks. I got 1 night of training for SrTL, and 3 days for replenishment training out of store. The rest was in store.

I did 2 weeks at another store with a sr. TL when prompted to TL salesfloor. I had been with Target for about 2 yrs before that so I was fairly experienced already too. My district seems to give lots of training to TL, internals and externals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back