Archived Did you know people in your store outside of Target before working there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a Midwestern city.

My Target tends to hire people from the rougher parts of town. In the two years I've done this job, in addition to seven years at two other jobs, I have discovered that people in live in on the westside of my city all seem to know each other and greet each other like a huge family reunion. I live in a quiet, keep-to-yourself community in the middle of the south side. Most of the folks that work with me have never been anywhere near south and think westside is all their is.

Question, do you work in a city where it seems everyone is from one part of town and no one is from yours?

My store is in the burbs, and it seems like the majority of our team went to school together. Thankfully, I did not grow up in that town.

Nope. I had moved from the state i had been living in only a month before getting the job at target so i didn't know anybody at all

The only person I knew at my store was the person who got me the job there, we were in the same Boy Scout troop when we were younger. He was termed about a year after i started there, and I have been there for thirteen years this November. We actually have a good number of family members that work at our store, and a lot of the kids that work there live either in the town or the areas surrounding it.

I've worked at two different Targets. The first was relatively close to me, but in a different state so didn't know anybody there and the one I'm at now I moved here a few years back so once again, all new faces to me.

I went to high school with a few of my coworkers, but I never saw them in school. So still new faces, but at least we have stuff in common.

I went to high school with a couple of my coworkers as well, I've known one of the since kindergarden.

I knew one of the GSTLs when I first started. When I worked at the bank she worked at the Subway next door and used to bring in the deposits. She's still at Target and is the TL in the Bakery.

i live in between two stores, theres one that is considered the "rich" store, and then theres one that is considered the "ghetto" store, i work at the ghetto store, and there i have people i went to high school with, as well as at the rich store, but most of my old class mates work at the one im at.

In the Target I worked for 10 years at, I knew a few people. It was my hometown and I'd lived there most of my life. Having moved to my new Target only a few months ago, I didn't know anyone who works here. Fact is I only know a couple people in the entire Metro area. I actually like it that way. I don't hang out with anyone from work anyway. I rarely did back in my hometown either. I like to keep work and home separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back