Archived Didn’t get paid with target credit union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, does anyone else have target credit union and didn’t get paid last night. I’ve had it for a few years and always got paid Wednesday night but didn’t last night.

Yeah this is the latest I think it's been in my 2 years here. There were a couple of times that it didn't show up until 6am or so on Thursday, but it's now 9:30 and still nothing.

Welp, I just checked again an it's there. So sometime between 930 and 950.

Getting paid wednesday night is a perk but never guaranteed . about 2 or 3 times a year it will come thursday morning.

it's cool how they can charge your accounts for bills any ole time but when it's a deposit suddenly it's like we're still using ledger accounting and we have to wait until Gertrude gets to the office on Monday morning and tallies your balance on her adding machine
It's because of lobbyists. Federal laws were written when banks had to physically transport documents and funds so they allowed a three day window. Every time the government talks about closing that window since the internet makes it no longer needed the banks have their lobbyists spend some serious cash to shut that conversation down. That's because if the banks take the money immediately out of your account but delay three days to put it in the other person's account they now have three days' use of that money to short term invest for a high return, and they are holding onto that moneymaker with claws and fangs dug in.

Reactions: TTB
One time my Target check BOUNCED!! It was some tech glitch, but the bank wouldn't cash it!! About 3 days later Target reimbursed me + $100 for my trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back