Archived Didn't Get ETL Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm pretty surprised right now. I am external, with a Master's, a lot of retail leadership experience, and had gotten to the 4th and final interview for ETL. I just got a call from the recruiter saying I didn't get it. I interviewed the same as I had with the prior interviews. What could have gone wrong? Isn't rare to get this far and not get it?

Thanks.

So I'm pretty surprised right now. I am external, with a Master's, a lot of retail leadership experience, and had gotten to the 4th and final interview for ETL. I just got a call from the recruiter saying I didn't get it. I interviewed the same as I had with the prior interviews. What could have gone wrong? Isn't rare to get this far and not get it?

Thanks.
Target really loves to hire fresh out of college with no retail or work experience these days. That might be it.

I wish there was a way to answer your question, but since nobody here knows what went on in your interviews, or knows the hiring needs of your district, there's not much to go on.

I'm sorry you didn't get the gig!

If you have hospitality or foodservice experience, I can vouch that IHR and Compass Group are good companies to work for as a manager. Both are national companies with thousands of properties and good opportunity for advancement.

Sorry you didn't get the job! Like MM1MM2 was saying Target likes hiring fresh out of college and they also like to get people's hopes up and not promote them or they really really have to like you for it!

Too much retail experience. Target tends to hire straight out of college or no management experience so that they can mold them very easily into their own vision.

I had two Sr TLs that were promote-blocked for a number of years because they either had too much experience or had the possibility of moving somewhere else.

Thanks.

PM me if you'd like. Can share my own experience with getting an ETL spot

I know its cliché...but things happen for a reason. Don't beat yourself up . Perhaps you didn't do anything wrong and it just wasn't meant to be. I am sure something better will come along .

The bottom line at this current time with Target, is that you need to fit the Target ETL mold. It may sound dumb (because it pretty much is), but it's true. We want a fresh young educated ETL that we can morph to our standards. We don't want an experienced external hire who may already have habits, and already have his mind made up about how he works. A 22 year old ungraduate TL, like me, has pretty much the same chance as you to get an ETL job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back