Archived Hiring Assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I'm currently in the interview process for ETL. My fourth and final interview is with the Senior Group VP and the Market HR Leader on Monday. However, they sent me an assessment to take before my upcoming interview. It included the statements with which you have to "Agree", "Stongly Agree", etc., as well as choosing which of two statements best describes you. I did fine with all those. However, there was one logic section where it asks you to figure out logic problems. At the beginning of this section, it states that it is meant to be challenging. I only got through half of the questions, and it states that you do lose points for unanswered questions. I'm fairly confident that I was correct in the half I did complete, and the logic section is only about one-fifth of the whole assessment. I'm still wondering how much weight they put on this assessment when deciding whether to hire. So for anyone who is qualified and knowledgeable enough to answer, what are the odds I won't get an offer over this assessment?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Here are my 2 cents. Usually for applicants that apply for a simple TM position, the assessment will give a score for 2 areas. The score is not a number but a color (green, yellow, red). Depending on how you score (or "color") in the 2 different areas, you show more "affinity" to a certain workcenter.
Usually the score does not compromise the interview result and/or the ability to get hired although if you get red in both areas usually your application gets turned down.
This is the process for TMs. I am assuming that is not too different for ETLs but it definitely not the same.
Good luck with everything!

I think you'll be fine. I did the assessment prior to my 2nd interview. I'd imagine you already being to your 4th are past the point of the assessment making/breaking it.
I never heard a thing about my assessment in any of my 4 interviews or in any of my conversations with my DTL/HRBP/ML since I've been in role.

Hello!

I'm currently in the interview process for ETL. My fourth and final interview is with the Senior Group VP and the Market HR Leader on Monday. However, they sent me an assessment to take before my upcoming interview. It included the statements with which you have to "Agree", "Stongly Agree", etc., as well as choosing which of two statements best describes you. I did fine with all those. However, there was one logic section where it asks you to figure out logic problems. At the beginning of this section, it states that it is meant to be challenging. I only got through half of the questions, and it states that you do lose points for unanswered questions. I'm fairly confident that I was correct in the half I did complete, and the logic section is only about one-fifth of the whole assessment. I'm still wondering how much weight they put on this assessment when deciding whether to hire. So for anyone who is qualified and knowledgeable enough to answer, what are the odds I won't get an offer over this assessment?

Thanks a lot for any help!

There is one and only one important question here: Were the logic questions multiple choice?

;-)

No sense in worrying about it now, but it might have been a better idea to at least fill in random answers for the questions you didn't get to since the test said you lose points for unanswered questions. Unless of course you lose more points for a wrong answer than for no answer. A random answer has better odds of being correct than no answer. Sometimes the structure of these assessments is a logic problem in and of itself.

In my non-Target experience, assessments like the one you describe are rarely dealbreakers unless the people doing the hiring are really on the fence about you or you fail spectacularly.

No sense in worrying about it now, but it might have been a better idea to at least fill in random answers for the questions you didn't get to since the test said you lose points for unanswered questions. Unless of course you lose more points for a wrong answer than for no answer. A random answer has better odds of being correct than no answer. Sometimes the structure of these assessments is a logic problem in and of itself.

In my non-Target experience, assessments like the one you describe are rarely dealbreakers unless the people doing the hiring are really on the fence about you or you fail spectacularly.
Yup. Standardized testing skills on point!

Be aware of penalties for unanswered and wrong answer. Eliminate wrong answers and guess from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back